Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Apexcone Raptor HID Kit (35w or 55w)

Old 03-02-2010, 05:58 AM   #1
niit_train will become famous soon enoughniit_train will become famous soon enough
Name: Jason
niit_train's Tacoma Gallery
Apexcone Raptor HID Kit (35w or 55w)

Just ran across this online. Regularly 39.95, now 29.95. It appears that this will do the fog light mod.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p...=102&parent=85

NT
Old 03-02-2010, 07:37 AM   #2
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
DDM kits are very popular. Mixed reviews, but I havent had a problem!
Old 05-04-2010, 12:35 PM   #3
CRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really nice

CRfofiddyF's Tacoma Gallery
what is the difference between the apexcone for the link you posted and the slim ballast http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p...=101&parent=85 ?
Thanks!
Old 05-04-2010, 12:40 PM   #5
GETTN IT
th3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
th3bigk0's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neslerrah View Post
x2. I have no problems with my DDM HIDs.
X3.vie installed there kits on a couple of my buddies cars with no problems
Old 05-04-2010, 12:41 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRfofiddyF View Post
what is the difference between the apexcone for the link you posted and the slim ballast http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p...=101&parent=85 ?
Thanks!
This kit uses a slim ballast(box) but adds another small box(igniter) in the line to the bulb.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:55 PM   #7
CRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really nice

Whippersnapper - Sorry my technical skills are very limited...so use the slim ballast for both the headlights and fogs or a different combination? what do you recommend?
Thanks!
Old 05-04-2010, 03:10 PM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Whippersnapper - Sorry my technical skills are very limited...so use the slim ballast for both the headlights and fogs or a different combination? what do you recommend?
Thanks!
Each bulb needs a ballast and an igniter. The Raptor kit contains one ballast and igniter in the one larger box. The slim kit has the igniter in its own little box. If you were to do both fogs and head lights you would have four ballasts and four igniters for the slim kit and just four ballasts for the Raptor kit. I personally use the DDM slim kit on my quad and it has worked flawlessly for a year and a half.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:23 PM   #9

^^^^ Thanks for your reply..I guess it's gonna be slim ballast for headlights and fogs. Thanks for the quick reply.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:07 PM   #10
devil is on a distinguished road

EMS: dafdsfadfsaf
devil's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to devil Send a message via Skype™ to devil
Quote:
^^^^ Thanks for your reply..I guess it's gonna be slim ballast for headlights and fogs. Thanks for the quick reply.
no need to use slim ballast for fogs.... regulare ones also work well for fog lights...and this one http://www.vvme.com/hid-conversion-k...t-c-44_45.html work steadly for both headlights and fog lights...
Old 01-25-2011, 04:31 PM   #11
Average JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to behold

Army: 4ID
Name: Matt
Average JOE's Tacoma Gallery
I have all four lights with the DDM Slims. Had lots of trouble with the grounding wires. Other than that. Good to go
Old 01-27-2011, 06:47 PM   #12
devil is on a distinguished road

EMS: dafdsfadfsaf
devil's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to devil Send a message via Skype™ to devil
that ddm have a notice released on their site that they will stop selling HIDs till March,1st this year...it's better not order from them again cuz no lifetime warranty as they stated....