Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Dangerous

Old 03-02-2010, 04:01 PM   #1
wingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jonathan
wingshootin's Tacoma Gallery
Dangerous

I just had my headlights done by a tinting company today with a 35% protective film cover. It does look great but damn if it isnt dangerous. I put 7500 purple bulbs in it and that isnt doing much better than stock. I went out for a little while tonight and tested them out. Without the fogs on you cant see anything. With the fogs on it is like they were with the factory bulbs. With the brights on you still cant see anything. I will be replacing them with a black headlight with clear lenses to give me the BHLM look. Anybody need any stock headlights with the film cover on them?

Old 03-02-2010, 04:09 PM   #3
wingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
Why don't you peel the film off?

I was going to but I am going to go with my original plan and get black projectors for it. Probably will while i wait for the new lights to get in.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:12 PM   #4
Resident Jackass
SoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: steven
SoutheastTaco's Tacoma Gallery
if you wanna try the bhlm, im in cola as well. i have been thinking about it. just nervous to jump by myself.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:14 PM   #5
Be a thinker, not a stinker
usctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

usctacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoutheastTaco View Post
if you wanna try the bhlm, im in cola as well. i have been thinking about it. just nervous to jump by myself.
Yeah I have a spare set that I want to do BHLM to. I am in cola as well. At USC.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:16 PM   #6
Resident Jackass
SoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
you guys wanna try to get together and do this??
Old 03-02-2010, 04:17 PM   #7
Quote:

We can do that. I just dont want to trash these headlights by screwing up on the mod.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:18 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
They look great, but who cares if your dead cause you cant see sh*t. What about removable tinted covers? My used 89 mustang came with them years ago and I would put them on in daylight and take them off at night. Seems everyone on here is blacking out or tinting lights. I guess Im getting old cause I shop for the brightest lights I can get my hands on from tailights to bulbs.

The looks are great but I would rather live a few more years lol.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:19 PM   #10
Resident Jackass
me either thats why i've been kinda hesitant..
Old 03-02-2010, 04:20 PM   #11
usctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
yeah i would be down. I have spring break next week though so I wont be around town, but after that I could do it anytime. It might have to take a few days because I think they are supposed to dry for at least a day. thats what i hear. and the longer you wait after a day, the better. Again, thats just what i heard from experiences.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:21 PM   #12
Quote:
me either thats why i've been kinda hesitant..

We can do yours first and then figure out what went wrong before we do mine hahaha.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:22 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingshootin View Post
We can do yours first and then figure out what went wrong before we do mine hahaha.
haha then we can do mine after you do yours. haha
Old 03-02-2010, 04:22 PM   #14
Resident Jackass
yeah, thanks. What do a set of lights run from toyota anyway?
Old 03-02-2010, 04:24 PM   #15
Resident Jackass
well there's three of us... were gonna be doing rock paper scissors in somebody's driveway!!
Old 03-02-2010, 04:25 PM   #16

Quote:
not sure, but you can usually find some on here for 100 or a little more.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:25 PM   #17
Quote:

no clue but you can get some nice aftermarket lights for around $150-$175 on ebay.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:26 PM   #18
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Have you tried using the stock bulbs, vice purple ones?
Old 03-02-2010, 04:27 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingshootin View Post
no clue but you can get some nice aftermarket lights for around $150-$175 on ebay.
yep. got mine for 135 shipped off ebay. I'm going to do the BHLM and HID retrofit the stockers and then stick them back on and sell the ebay ones for a few bucks.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:28 PM   #20
Resident Jackass
wings, you in the avenues?