Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

No directions on wiring up my Headlights...Need help.

Old 03-04-2010, 03:21 AM   #1
If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.
blackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
blackwatertaco's Tacoma Gallery
No directions on wiring up my Headlights...Need help.

Well tomorrow im gonna be installing my new headlights. They are the Halo style.

Im really bad with wiring so I was wondering if anybody with experiance with these chime in or post pics of the wiring?

Here is a pic.
Attached Thumbnails
No directions on wiring up my Headlights...Need help.-1.jpg  
Old 03-04-2010, 03:37 AM   #2
blackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
no directions? That blows............Id assume the halos and the rest of the led blingblang is gunna need a hot from ur running lights, and grounds.

OR, does some of the ropelight come on with/instead of a blinker?

Geez, I put E36 BMW headlights in a 3rd gen nissan maxima and it was easier.

where did u get them from? maybe they have online PDF instructions............Ur gunna wanna testlight thats for sure.
I got them off Ebay...I emailed the seller a couple days ago and no response. I need to get these in tomorrow, I got a road trip this weekend and my current HL are fogged over.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:01 AM   #3

Sorry no stamp that I recall. Im at work now, So I can't go look at them.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:17 AM   #4
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
I will have to go take a look at my truck tonight after I get off work. It's really easy, mine didn't come with directions either, didn't need them. I'm subscribing so if someone can't answer your question I will get back on here later.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:57 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The End View Post
I will have to go take a look at my truck tonight after I get off work. It's really easy, mine didn't come with directions either, didn't need them. I'm subscribing so if someone can't answer your question I will get back on here later.
Thank you sooo much man.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:09 AM   #6
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
So those aren't plug n play? You have to do wiring like in those other ones without the ccfl halos? My 2nd gens were completely plug n play, no extra nothing to wire but I don't see them anymore, just the 1st gen ones without ccfl & these 3rd gen ones. Sux if so, thought the 3rd gen ones would be plug n play. No offense, I still like these......

Old 03-04-2010, 05:11 AM   #7

Ya their is no plug and play..
Old 03-04-2010, 05:17 AM   #8
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm sure you could get help with those at the meet this weekend if need be.......
Old 03-04-2010, 05:20 AM   #9

Ya I could, But my current lights are so bad, And I got a road trip down to Sargent this weekend, So I need them on ASAP.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:27 AM   #10
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

What's goin on down there? Was just on the south side lookin towards Sargeant from the north tip of Matagorda Island a coupla weekends ago. Haven't been to Sargeant in quite awhile, maybe only a coupla times ever...surfin thing from back in the day, lol. I wouldn't think it'd be too much hassle to grab on the parking light wires to run the halos off of.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:01 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
What's goin on down there? Was just on the south side lookin towards Sargeant from the north tip of Matagorda Island a coupla weekends ago. Haven't been to Sargeant in quite awhile, maybe only a coupla times ever...surfin thing from back in the day, lol. I wouldn't think it'd be too much hassle to grab on the parking light wires to run the halos off of.
My buddy and I are gonna do some fishing, And possibly camp out.

Their is a tore up road to get back to our spot, So it will be fun driving on it.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:50 AM   #12
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Cool, have fun & good luck on the fishin............take pics
Old 03-04-2010, 03:38 PM   #13
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, the low and high beams should be plug and play. The led's and the halo's have their own wires: Red, white and black. The little marker lights that you can turn on and off have their own wires as well: one white w/ a black line and a green one. That is the wire that you will splicing into. Take all the white and red wires and connect them, run a wire from those in to the green one from the marker lights. Then all you have to do is connect all the black ones and then splice them into the white/black wire.

It's very simple, you're probably just overthinking it, try it out and let me know how it goes. If you need me to take pictures it will have to wait until tomorrow because it's already dark here. Good luck.