Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Another Fog Light ?

Old 04-16-2008, 05:03 AM   #1
turbn8r is on a distinguished road

turbn8r's Tacoma Gallery
Another Fog Light ?

Newbie here with an '08 Taco Access 4x4 Manual Tx. I have read on the TW Forum how to install fog light/driving lights, but my question is what choices do I have for my Tacoma? I visited my local Accessory Shop and what they suggested were the PIAA 1192 Driving Lights. The description is 1100X Platinum. The link is below for a picture of them. They appear a bit small but also powerful. I am told from Toyota Parts that no stock accessory light is available for my Taco, is this true? I am open to suggestions or opinions. The opening in the front fender looks large enough but towards the rear it does get small. Looking forward to reading what you people think.

http://www.truckcustomizers.com/prod...PIA134.5A.html

Some pics of my beautiful Taco!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/s...r/5948/cat/500

Thanks...Howard
Old 04-16-2008, 05:34 AM   #2
no_werries will become famous soon enough

no_werries's Tacoma Gallery
Thos look kinda dinky! Take a look at the OEM, I think they are nicest, you should be able to get them for the 2008 Taco, w/e cab, its all the same bumber! heres a good pic of the the factory lights! Try askin toyota for the stock fog lights!
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/s...fog/perpage/12
Old 04-16-2008, 05:41 AM   #3
Displaced Texan
MotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to all

Air Force: 1LT
MotoXFreeStyle61's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MotoXFreeStyle61 Send a message via MSN to MotoXFreeStyle61
If, I were you I would get the OEM fogs first, then go from there. I bought some aftermarket lights for the fog housings. No matter how much they fill the space they will never quite look right. Even more true when you have them on. At least with the OEM lights you have the ability to adjust the beam and the light is pretty stable.

I wouldn't buy directly from Toyota, they will charge an arm and a leg for just a pair of lights (not including the wiring). I bought mine new from a place that sold car and truck parts for about 150shipped. You can also find them on ebay every once in awhile. Just wire it yourself.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:24 AM   #4
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbn8r View Post

Thanks...Howard
Nice looking truck by the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXFreeStyle61 View Post
If, I were you I would get the OEM fogs first, then go from there. I bought some aftermarket lights for the fog housings. No matter how much they fill the space they will never quite look right. Even more true when you have them on. At least with the OEM lights you have the ability to adjust the beam and the light is pretty stable.

I wouldn't buy directly from Toyota, they will charge an arm and a leg for just a pair of lights (not including the wiring). I bought mine new from a place that sold car and truck parts for about 150shipped. You can also find them on ebay every once in awhile. Just wire it yourself.
X2 the oem will fit and look the best!
Old 04-16-2008, 06:40 AM   #5
no_werries will become famous soon enough

no_werries's Tacoma Gallery
Hey turbn8r how you like the 2.7 manual in the access cab? She still got lots of get up and go with the extra weight and longer wheel base? I have the 2.7 reg cab manual 4x4 2005, bought it about 2 months ago and just love it, got a shitty pair of tires on right now 265/75/16 and I can hold a burnout forever on this truck.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:14 AM   #6
2-Broke 2-Care
flavalk is on a distinguished road

flavalk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbn8r View Post
Newbie here with an '08 Taco Access 4x4 Manual Tx. I have read on the TW Forum how to install fog light/driving lights, but my question is what choices do I have for my Tacoma? I visited my local Accessory Shop and what they suggested were the PIAA 1192 Driving Lights. The description is 1100X Platinum. The link is below for a picture of them. They appear a bit small but also powerful. I am told from Toyota Parts that no stock accessory light is available for my Taco, is this true? I am open to suggestions or opinions. The opening in the front fender looks large enough but towards the rear it does get small. Looking forward to reading what you people think.

http://www.truckcustomizers.com/prod...PIA134.5A.html

Thanks...Howard
I have those on my motorcycle and they look and work great...but then, they are on a bike. I think for my Taco I would want a larger size. The OEM's do look best
Old 04-16-2008, 11:20 AM   #7
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Get some OEM fogs.

If you find youself wanting more light, I would suggest looking at the Randy Ellis Light Bar and it allows you to keep your factory front Recovery Points. I wish I had bought it instead of my bullbar. Oh well.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:21 PM   #8

turbn8r's Tacoma Gallery
Lights...

Thanks for the responses. I happen to be at my Toyota dealer today picking up my new registration and spoke with the parts guy. He informed me there was no "fog light/driving light" kit available for my Taco. He was able to build up the parts separately though. Your right about it costing an arm and a leg. LOL... Over $200 per light etc. So not sure what I will do. I think those PIAA lights I described above are not suitable for that opening. I will keep looking on the Internet.

Concerning the power etc. that No Werries asked about...I think the 4 cyl. manual 5 speed is doing ok by me. I had a truck that was very powerful etc. and it really didn't do much for me. The rear end of that truck was always coming around on me also. So far my Taco has plenty of get up and go. If I wanted more I would take my race car to the track and play. Not needed with this truck. Besides, I find it a challenge to get the best possible mpg I can get. First tank was 25.9 mpg. Not too shabby at all.

Any comments etc. are appreciated...
Old 04-16-2008, 04:37 PM   #9
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Look on Ebay for an OEM housing from somebody who ditched their stock bumper. I'm sure you can find one.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:13 PM   #11

turbn8r's Tacoma Gallery
Lights..

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
Since you're new, I'll just say Welcome! And point you to the link in my sig....
Thanks very much for your post and also all the great write-ups you have. I will check out eBay more for OEM lights. Some sellers claim they have OEM but not sure that they actually are. Just will have to investigate what's available. Again, thank you.