Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Piaa light kit #5454 for tacoma installed

Old 03-04-2010, 04:25 PM   #1
squiggy is on a distinguished road
squiggy's Tacoma Gallery
Piaa light kit #5454 for tacoma installed

Hear are a couple of pictures of my Tacoma with the new Piaa light kit made for the Tacoma. They are bigger than the stock lights so there not recessed into the bumper as far. Little disappointed.... thought they would be closer to the size of the stock lights. How do you think they look?
Attached Thumbnails
Piaa light kit #5454 for tacoma installed-img_0469.jpg   Piaa light kit #5454 for tacoma installed-img_0470.jpg   Piaa light kit #5454 for tacoma installed-img_0472.jpg  
Old 03-04-2010, 04:35 PM   #2
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
Take a close up picture. How easy were they to install and where you get them from?
Old 03-04-2010, 05:30 PM   #3
squiggy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
Take a close up picture. How easy were they to install and where you get them from?
I called Piaa to see if the kit was available and they told me it was. I ordered them from a local accessories store called ADD-ON and had them install them. I didn't have good or warm place to install them. It took them about 1.5 hours to do them.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:33 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I would get a set but I'd ask for a fog light pattern not the driving light pattern.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:35 PM   #5
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
whats the difference?
Old 03-04-2010, 07:57 PM   #6
swendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
swendling12's Tacoma Gallery
I installed mine on Wednesday, I was disappointed in the fit. It was a pain to line everything up for me, and they hang out pretty far. To get around having driving lights in there, i bought a set of the Piaa 540 plasma ion fogs, and swapped them in. I'll use the driving lights on my avid bar once i get it installed.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:03 PM   #7
squiggy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by swendling12 View Post
I installed mine on Wednesday, I was disappointed in the fit. It was a pain to line everything up for me, and they hang out pretty far. To get around having driving lights in there, i bought a set of the Piaa 540 plasma ion fogs, and swapped them in. I'll use the driving lights on my avid bar once i get it installed.
Did you just buy the lights or do you have to buy everything...and do they plug into the orignal harness ?
Old 03-05-2010, 03:51 PM   #8
swendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I bought the Piaa 5454 Kit, which comes with a wiring harness, Piaa 540 driving lights, and a bracket to make them work in the factory slots (kind-of). I also bought the Piaa 540 Plasma Ion Fogs w/ a wiring harness also. I then swapped the fogs and driving lights around so that i could have fogs in the factory spots, and so that i could have driving lights on my avid light bar.

The Piaa's are not designed to use the factory harness, in the instructions, they instruct you to just move the factory wires out of the way and to use the harness that they send. Their harness is pretty easy to wire up, the hardest part was getting the wires through the firewall into the cab. The lights do not attach to the back of the fog socket like the factory ones do, rather they are screwed through the sides of the cups.

-Sean
Old 03-12-2010, 10:05 AM   #9
squiggy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I bought the Piaa 5454 Kit, which comes with a wiring harness, Piaa 540 driving lights, and a bracket to make them work in the factory slots (kind-of). I also bought the Piaa 540 Plasma Ion Fogs w/ a wiring harness also. I then swapped the fogs and driving lights around so that i could have fogs in the factory spots, and so that i could have driving lights on my avid light bar.

The Piaa's are not designed to use the factory harness, in the instructions, they instruct you to just move the factory wires out of the way and to use the harness that they send. Their harness is pretty easy to wire up, the hardest part was getting the wires through the firewall into the cab. The lights do not attach to the back of the fog socket like the factory ones do, rather they are screwed through the sides of the cups.

-Sean
Does the bracket from the 540 foglights fit on to the driving lights so that you will be able to mount them on the light bar?
Old 03-12-2010, 03:15 PM   #10

I was able to simply disassemble the 540 driving light assembly that came with the kit, and the plasma fogs that i bought and swap the pieces around to work for me. took maybe 5 mins total... 2 screws on each light. Was easy and works great.
Old 03-13-2010, 03:15 PM   #11

Old 03-13-2010, 03:23 PM   #12
squiggy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Looks great...I will have to pick up some 540 foglights and get to work on them.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:59 PM   #13
Today I Will!!!!
mcampos0 is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
mcampos0's Tacoma Gallery
Hows the light output on those piaa's fog lights. And did the fog lights come with the piaa light cover??
Old 03-15-2010, 04:48 PM   #14

The Plasma Fogs are a blue/yellow light. They are not exceptionally bright since it isn't a white light, but do a decent job of lighting up the area directly in front of the truck. The PIAA 5454 kit does not come with covers since the covers will not fit on the lights once the lights are in the socket, the lights themselves barely fit. The PIAA 540 plasma ion fogs that I bought came with the plastic covers. I just moved the covers over to the driving lights on my Avid Light Bar.

-Sean
Old 04-07-2011, 02:25 PM   #15
hey505 will become famous soon enough
hey505's Tacoma Gallery
PIAA # 5454

So I am still unclear..do the PIAA #5454 vehicle specific lights fit and wire to the stock harness and switch ? I was told by PIAA that they did but saw some posts saying they didnt..
Old 04-10-2011, 07:45 AM   #16
alexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
alexander323bc's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered the 510 ATP to put in the fog holes. I hope i can just get them to fit as well as your did
Old 04-10-2011, 09:26 AM   #17
schleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Daniel
schleygo's Tacoma Gallery
I do think they look like they are not made for the Tacoma. It seems like they are sticking out too far, not factory installed.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:40 AM   #18
alexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
alexander323bc's Tacoma Gallery
schley, ya I though the same thing I looked at some of the pictures from people who installed the 510's in there factory holes and they look really clean. And from what said the ATP light was perfect combination of fog driving light goes really well with high beams on back roads. So I ordered those and hope to install this week