Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

aftermarket fog lamps

Old 03-05-2010, 09:39 AM   #1
Dallas8888 is on a distinguished road
Dallas8888's Tacoma Gallery
aftermarket fog lamps

Can anyone suggest where to buy fog lamps in toronto,canada? I want to use the existing hole in the bumper. Also, should I be buying fog lamps or driving lights...not sure what the diff is. Thxs
Old 03-05-2010, 09:51 AM   #2
Living the dream !!!
mountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mountainwolfpup's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Yahoo to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Skype™ to mountainwolfpup
Seriously?

OK.

Well driving lights have long pencil beams that are intended to illuminate the road area far ahead of you and only the area immediately ahead of you.

Fog lights have a more diffused beam that is wide and short, illuminating a wide swath of road immediately in front of your vehicle but not extending very far down the roadway. Often this light type features colored lenses of yellow or amber that are supposed to shine better through fog.

More info: http://trucktoys4less.com/lighting-types.html

Your best bet in my opinion is to pick up a used pair from someone. The factory driving lights are pretty solid and are the only ones I know of that will fit in the bumper without additional modification.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:47 PM   #3
Honey your two French Fries short of a Happy Meal.
eight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
eight3one_offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eight3one_offroad
I installed some PIAA's in my stock fog light housing. Do you want my stock fog lights? I'll sell them to ya.

- Rich
Old 03-28-2010, 11:04 AM   #4
Celtic Bob is on a distinguished road
Celtic Bob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eight3one_offroad View Post
I installed some PIAA's in my stock fog light housing. Do you want my stock fog lights? I'll sell them to ya.

- Rich
Which PIAA's did you install in the stock holes? The dealer installed Westin's in mine and did a terrible job. It goes back in tomorrow to get fitted properly or removed.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:05 AM   #5
Honey your two French Fries short of a Happy Meal.
eight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
eight3one_offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eight3one_offroad
Bob,

I intalled PIAA 510's (Ion Crystal Fogs) connected to my stock fog light switch, a whole lot brighter then stock 27watts.