Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

?s About 55w H.I.D setup

Old 03-07-2010, 05:14 PM   #1
DAMN GOOD DEAL!!
TRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kenny
TRDKenE's Tacoma Gallery
?s About 55w H.I.D setup

I was wondering if anybody was having any problems with their 55w H.I.D setup in stock or aftermarket housings? I am not talking about a projector retrofit. Just the 55W ballast and bulbs in stock housings anybody have any problems. Thanks
Old 03-07-2010, 05:17 PM   #2
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
i am running them no problem
Old 03-15-2010, 04:29 PM   #3
DAMN GOOD DEAL!!
TRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TRDKenE's Tacoma Gallery
thats it? only one person with 55w H.I.D in factory headlights
Old 03-15-2010, 04:30 PM   #4
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
I gotem too, no issues here.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:28 AM   #5
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
I have them in my hella 500s also and those are a lot smaller than the stock headlights and i have had no problem.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:32 AM   #6
Mondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
I have had a problem with my passanger side blowing the bulb but it was really cold so i dont know if that has anything to do with it. I also made sure i was wearing latex gloves when installing them. Driver side works great. but got tired of replacing a 50 bulb and put stock back in
Old 03-16-2010, 07:35 AM   #7
rednorseman is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Jesse
rednorseman's Tacoma Gallery
I have the DDM tuning 55W ones with no problems.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:36 AM   #8
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
How does oncoming traffic feel about your 55w hid's?
Old 03-16-2010, 07:52 AM   #9

Navy:
I havent had any negative response from them. But i also have mine aimed correctly.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:19 PM   #10
FJ FTW!
southern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

southern_x's Tacoma Gallery
just installed my 55w's yesterday and need to re-aim other then that no probs, i ran 35w's in there for 2years before moving up
Old 03-20-2010, 09:05 AM   #11
DAMN GOOD DEAL!!
TRDKenE's Tacoma Gallery
i just wanted to make sure...as I havce heard some people saying they have burnt the chrome in the reflector bowl
Old 03-20-2010, 09:24 AM   #12
ryrydtl is on a distinguished road

ryrydtl's Tacoma Gallery
i have ddm 55w too. no problems. although u cant leave the fog lights on to long because the 55w heats up a little. i just turn mine off when im not driving but as soon as i start moving i fire them up and man, there bright! if you go threw ddm, get the wire harness! Its by far one of the safest things you can do. I got the HI/LOW because everyone flashes there HI beams at me so i flash mine back. If you get the HI/LOW you dont need the wireharness because it already comes with one.