Notices

Hood Scoop Scanner Help!

Old 03-08-2010, 02:00 PM   #1
Zizo will become famous soon enough
Name: Anthony
Zizo's Tacoma Gallery
Hood Scoop Scanner Help!

Hey guys,
I bought a PlasmaGlow LED Light bar scanner that I saw a few people pick up on this forum. I picked up a red one and I'm trying to hook it up so that it will be on when my alarm is armed. I have a couple questions for those who have done this:

The light asks for a Red +12V, Black -12V, and a Security system signal wire. What kind of signal does that wire give? I have a Viper 5901 and the closest thing I could find is a wire that serve as a 500 mA ground when armed. Would that work? Or should I just use that wire as the ground and hook the power straight to the battery?

Any help in identifying the needed wire would be helpful. Thanks!!
Old 03-08-2010, 04:59 PM   #2
Zizo's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone???

Old 03-08-2010, 08:06 PM   #3
Zizo's Tacoma Gallery
Come on... Someone has to know something... I've searched all over... any help would be, well, helpful.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:48 PM   #4
Oh yeah!
rb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rob
rb11701's Tacoma Gallery
I have no idea what you are talking about, but the +/- 12V could be the power and the signal wire could be the wire that the red flashing thing connects to.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:24 AM   #5
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
I got nothing for you, but 3 posts in 6 hours is a bit OCD, doncha think? Give folks some time to get off work and read the thread.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:35 AM   #6
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
I know! Your +12v is your positive terminal, your -12v is your negative terminal (or ground).

The third wire's purpose is to activate the relay to tell the light to come on when the alarm is active. So, you're going to have to find a wire that only has voltage applied when the alarm comes on (not incoming power). I need to know what wires you've got going to your alarm to know which ones you would be able to tap into. more than likely the leaving side of a switch or relay if it breaks 12v to the alarm.

This is EXACTLY like if you were installing an amp and hooking up the "remote" wire, as you do not want the amp on except when the car starts or the head unit is on.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:46 AM   #7
Zizo's Tacoma Gallery
BradleyScottETC, Thanks for that info. That makes more sense now. I need to look into the manual to see what wires I have. I appreciate it.

Caduceus- If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all. I do have OCD, had it since I was little. It's not really nice to make fun of someone like that.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:05 PM   #8
wolfeye is on a distinguished road

wolfeye's Tacoma Gallery
Wheres the finished product, I can wait patently..
Old 04-28-2010, 03:39 PM   #10
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Tacoma View Post
I did this mod and it looked cheezy as hell BTW.... Shorted out in a few weeks and I was glad b/c it was pretty ghetto
Amen.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:13 AM   #12
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
For the signal wire, use your alarm's horn/siren.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:57 AM   #13
Zizo's Tacoma Gallery
If you don't like it, nobody has a gun to your head. Don't put someone else down because they like something you don't. I think mine looks great
Attached Thumbnails
Hood Scoop Scanner Help!-photo-4-.jpg  
Old 04-30-2010, 01:41 PM   #14
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-01-2010, 02:08 PM   #15
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
I hated Kit's British accent...but Mike's hair was the sh!t. Wait...did Kit have a British accent? Anyway, Kit was arrogant.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:58 AM   #16
Tactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Tactical Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizo View Post
If you don't like it, nobody has a gun to your head. Don't put someone else down because they like something you don't. I think mine looks great
Chill out bro...no1 put you down, i just put down the mod. Dont take my criticism of a mod personally