1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toggle switches!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by jefferson, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Mar 9, 2010 at 1:12 PM
    jefferson

jefferson [OP] needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    Lame subject i know.. BUT I'm looking for those toggle switches that you guys all use in the stock blanks for say, off road lights, interior lighting projects.. so on. I've seen them about, but kinda hard to search for "toggle switches" here..

If anyone knows a link that'd be great.. thanks

2. Mar 9, 2010 at 1:13 PM
    kinkrider101

kinkrider101 Well-Known Member

Member:
    santa barbara
    Vehicle:
    2007 cummins/2007 tacoma
    wheels and tires
    oznium.com

3. Mar 9, 2010 at 1:14 PM
    kinkrider101

Member:
    santa barbara
    Vehicle:
    2007 cummins/2007 tacoma
    wheels and tires
  4. Mar 9, 2010 at 1:38 PM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    perfect. thank you. ordered a few in amber (of course)

5. Mar 9, 2010 at 1:42 PM
    borderbrat

borderbrat Watching Chris4x4 o.O

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB, STOCK..But not for long
    (old truck 2008 AC ....PIAA fogs, led "puddle" lights, bed lights, in cab 115V, Toyota Devil emblem, Randy Ellis light bar with LED light bar, OME 885 and Dakar leaf springs OME shock all round, 2.5 Gal OBA system with air horns, iPod adapter, scangauge on blend mount, magnaflow catback, bike fork mounts, tinted 2009 tails.)
  6. Mar 9, 2010 at 1:44 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    I got mine from oznium. I regret not getting the illuminated switch, its a PITA to find in the dark

7. Mar 9, 2010 at 1:46 PM
    kinkrider101

Member:
    santa barbara
    Vehicle:
    2007 cummins/2007 tacoma
    wheels and tires
    o got the green one

8. Mar 9, 2010 at 1:46 PM
    kinkrider101

Member:
    santa barbara
    Vehicle:
    2007 cummins/2007 tacoma
    wheels and tires

how many lights do you plan on running

9. Mar 9, 2010 at 1:51 PM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    i only have a lighting project in mind.. but i'll throw three in the three blank holes...

10. Mar 31, 2010 at 8:02 AM
    Jreays

Jreays Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 Sport Double
    Did you sand the switch or the dash? What did you use to sand?

Thanks,
    Jeremy

11. Mar 31, 2010 at 8:06 AM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    The dash.

When you take the switch blank out toward the back of the blank's hole it sticks out a bit. Get a dremmel and sand all that crap down so its the same as the rest of the hole (this will all make sense once you take a look in there). Once that's sanded down down you've gotta force the switch in (but not badly) and it fits.. but takes some love to make it fit.

12. Mar 31, 2010 at 8:08 AM
    Jreays

Jreays Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 Sport Double
    I see the lip you are talking about. Does the blank go back in if it is sanded?

13. Mar 31, 2010 at 8:10 AM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    I'm sure it probably would.. but cant say for certain. i threw mine out (to get it out from the top three i just drilled a hole in the center and grabbed it with needle nose cause i didnt care/didnt wanna scratch the actual dash)

14. Mar 31, 2010 at 12:31 PM
    flightcancled

flightcancled Addicted

Member:
    Syracuse NY/ Nantucket MA
    Camper top with racks, Custom fogs behind lower bumper. Interior LED lighting, Rock Lights, Hella 500s with upraged bulbs behind black billet grill, AAL, Front 5100s
    Depends how much you take off. One of mine I over did a bit and I could barely get the Carling switch I was installing to stay at first. Two wraps of 2x wide electrical tape avd I was good to go though.

The Carling switches are awesome, see my build for more info.

Products Discussed in

To Top