Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Toggle switches!

Old 03-09-2010, 01:12 PM   #1
needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....
jefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sex Panther
jefferson's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jefferson
Toggle switches!

Lame subject i know.. BUT I'm looking for those toggle switches that you guys all use in the stock blanks for say, off road lights, interior lighting projects.. so on. I've seen them about, but kinda hard to search for "toggle switches" here..

If anyone knows a link that'd be great.. thanks
Old 03-09-2010, 01:13 PM   #2
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
oznium.com
Old 03-09-2010, 01:14 PM   #3
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
http://www.oznium.com/gsw-45-led

i got this one.. it took alot of sanding to make it fit
Old 03-09-2010, 01:42 PM   #5
Watching Chris4x4 o.O
borderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Navy: Leading seaman, Electrical Technician, CFFS(E), Pacific Fleet
Name: Jeremy
borderbrat's Tacoma Gallery
find a place that deals in carling switches. Those are the ones I'm using. You can easliy make labels for them with a printer and clear sticker paper. Look at a marine parts store they should be able to order them in for you.
http://rocker-switches.carlingtech.c...switch__19.asp
Old 03-09-2010, 01:44 PM   #6
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I got mine from oznium. I regret not getting the illuminated switch, its a PITA to find in the dark
Old 03-09-2010, 01:46 PM   #7
o got the green one
Old 03-09-2010, 01:46 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by unholycumulus View Post
perfect. thank you. ordered a few in amber (of course)

how many lights do you plan on running
Old 03-31-2010, 08:02 AM   #10
Jreays is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Firefighter 2/EMT-B
Jreays's Tacoma Gallery
Did you sand the switch or the dash? What did you use to sand?

Thanks,
Jeremy
Old 03-31-2010, 08:06 AM   #11
jefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The dash.

When you take the switch blank out toward the back of the blank's hole it sticks out a bit. Get a dremmel and sand all that crap down so its the same as the rest of the hole (this will all make sense once you take a look in there). Once that's sanded down down you've gotta force the switch in (but not badly) and it fits.. but takes some love to make it fit.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:08 AM   #12
Jreays is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Firefighter 2/EMT-B
Jreays's Tacoma Gallery
I see the lip you are talking about. Does the blank go back in if it is sanded?
Old 03-31-2010, 08:10 AM   #13

I'm sure it probably would.. but cant say for certain. i threw mine out (to get it out from the top three i just drilled a hole in the center and grabbed it with needle nose cause i didnt care/didnt wanna scratch the actual dash)
Old 03-31-2010, 12:31 PM   #14
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jreays View Post
I see the lip you are talking about. Does the blank go back in if it is sanded?
Depends how much you take off. One of mine I over did a bit and I could barely get the Carling switch I was installing to stay at first. Two wraps of 2x wide electrical tape avd I was good to go though.

The Carling switches are awesome, see my build for more info.