Tail light poll

View Poll Results: Which would you do?
LED red/clear 20 20.41%
LED red/smoked clear 63 64.29%
Stock then red candy coat. 15 15.31%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-10-2010, 10:40 AM   #1
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) & Air Force DoD contractor.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Tail light poll

I'm going to do one of these three, what do you think I should do?

1) LED red/clear

2) LED red/smoked clear

3) Stock then have them candy painted because trucks shouldn't have pink lights.

EDIT: Poll question should read, What should I do?
Old 03-10-2010, 10:43 AM   #3
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
1 vote for smoked....I am a HUGE fan of lightly smoked lights....
You're too fast haha there's a poll now
Old 03-10-2010, 10:44 AM   #4
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Stock LED lights from an 09-10
Old 03-10-2010, 10:45 AM   #5
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzogSS View Post
Stock LED lights from an 09-10
Negative. Not attractive at all to me.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:45 AM   #7
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
I'm going to do one of these three, what do you think I should do?

1) LED red/clear

2) LED red/smoked clear

3) Stock then have them candy painted because trucks shouldn't have pink lights.

EDIT: Poll question should read, What should I do?
I wish #1 had the circle stop light like #3, not a fan of the box like stop light.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:47 AM   #8
vatechoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Darryl
vatechoma's Tacoma Gallery
Get some IPCW tail lights, fantastic quality and IMO look real good
Old 03-10-2010, 11:50 AM   #9
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatechoma View Post
Get some IPCW tail lights, fantastic quality and IMO look real good
I've seen them. You and I are on opposite sides of the fence with those lol
Old 03-10-2010, 11:51 AM   #10
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07TacoRidah View Post
I wish #1 had the circle stop light like #3, not a fan of the box like stop light.
Agreed 100%
Old 03-10-2010, 12:40 PM   #11
s2studio is on a distinguished road

s2studio's Tacoma Gallery
Either the first two...
Old 03-10-2010, 12:46 PM   #12
SURFTACO will become famous soon enough

Name: Steve
SURFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
#2 !
Old 03-10-2010, 03:39 PM   #13
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
Me neither & def not for all the $$$$ they want for them.

I must say you have good taste

I have the clear #1 lights. Here they are next to the pink OEM lights.

Got mine from http://store.racer-union.com/Shop/Co...ge/2/SFV/32388 for $117.00
They don't look overly ricey in person do they? I've only seen them online.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:42 PM   #14
If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.
blackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
blackwatertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Smoked.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:48 AM   #15
Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
b0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shed

b0ules's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the same boat - bought the truck with a hairline crack in one of the tail lights and after pretending it was a fishtank last year through that wet summer we had, the reverse reflector is black and I'd like to replace.

My only concern with aftermarket is poor lighting/visibility, as I've seen on most of the little civics with tomato-can exhausts. Of the ones I've seen in the wild, I've noticed failures of the LED strips in at least half of the lights like #1 and #2 above...

That stuff is making me lean toward replacing the one stock tail, unless others can chime in with recommendations?

Cheers,
Marc
Old 03-19-2010, 11:06 AM   #16
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ules View Post
I'm in the same boat - bought the truck with a hairline crack in one of the tail lights and after pretending it was a fishtank last year through that wet summer we had, the reverse reflector is black and I'd like to replace.

My only concern with aftermarket is poor lighting/visibility, as I've seen on most of the little civics with tomato-can exhausts. Of the ones I've seen in the wild, I've noticed failures of the LED strips in at least half of the lights like #1 and #2 above...

That stuff is making me lean toward replacing the one stock tail, unless others can chime in with recommendations?

Cheers,
Marc
I looked into the LED ones a little more, I don't like how the bubble sticks out so much. I've decided on stock, when that project rolls around.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:15 AM   #17
derekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to behold

Name: derek
derekAV's Tacoma Gallery
traded my 2010s for stock 05s and i love them
Old 03-21-2010, 05:39 PM   #18
Mob parking lots.

You guys can stop voting now lol

So yea, they sucked, you all knew that.

Here they are with the stupid silver on them.

Then I thought, hmm, I'll leave the reverse lights silver! Yes I could have done a better job of lining up the tape, but who doesn't drink on sunday afternoon...

Testors Candy Red. It says to use a silver or copper or gold base coat before the red, so I figured I'm good to goooooo.

Here they are drying, pics of them installed after clear coat later.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:26 PM   #19
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
For a silver truck, I would have just went smoked all the way...
Old 03-21-2010, 06:39 PM   #20
Mob parking lots.

Peeled the tape off. They look way better than the pic portrays.