Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Projectors????

Old 03-10-2010, 10:39 PM   #1
krisjw101 is a glorious beacon of lightkrisjw101 is a glorious beacon of lightkrisjw101 is a glorious beacon of lightkrisjw101 is a glorious beacon of lightkrisjw101 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Kris
krisjw101's Tacoma Gallery
Projectors????

I am interested to get a set of projector style head lights. Does anybody have any recommendations on a good quality pair?
Old 03-10-2010, 10:43 PM   #2
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
^ whatever deal you can find on ebay for oem d2s projectors is good
Old 03-10-2010, 10:47 PM   #3
krisjw101 is a glorious beacon of lightkrisjw101 is a glorious beacon of lightkrisjw101 is a glorious beacon of lightkrisjw101 is a glorious beacon of lightkrisjw101 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Kris
krisjw101's Tacoma Gallery
Ok I will check it out. Do they make anything that you swap out the original head light assembly and can bolt in a new pair that are projectors. and still use the factory wires
Old 03-10-2010, 10:50 PM   #4
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^ they sell direct replacement projector headlights on ebay but I would just do a projector retrofit myself. There are no direct replacement bolt on projectors tho, you need to cut into ur headlight housing and custom attach the projectors.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:51 PM   #5
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

like these, no good, IMO:
http://cgi.ebay.com/05-06-07-08-TACO...item439dda30b4

Old 08-11-2010, 03:38 PM   #6
The Philosophizer is on a distinguished road

Name: Alex
The Philosophizer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
hey blackhawke, what dont you like about these, just curious? i bought a pair today and am going to put them in friday. ive heard they dont shine very bright. im kind of iffy on the looks of them on my truck anyways though.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:48 PM   #7
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

apart from not looking too great at all, they still use a halogen bulb as your hi-beams and flash, which means if u flash to pass or use your high beams while offroading, they will only be the halogen bulbs emitting light, your HIDs will only act has low beams.

A D2s projector uses one HID bulb for both low and high beam. A shutter shield off the beam during low beam use, and when u flash or turn on the high beams, the shutters and unleashes the whole beam. Much better IMO
Old 08-11-2010, 06:39 PM   #8
red balls got me!
IamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Turd chaser!!
Name: adam
IamTacO's Tacoma Gallery
unless you do a complete hid projector retro, any other projector will not be good. those ebay projectors are typically based on a halogen bulb. putting hid's in them will never be the same.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:43 PM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Don't mean to thread jack but the OP might be interested in the answer to this also. I looked for a little while for projectors but it seemed a lot of them don't even have an option for high beams? Is this common?
Old 08-11-2010, 09:39 PM   #10
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
None of them are good quality. Material is very cheap.

To others, there is nothing wrong with a halogen-based projector. What do you think they used before HIDs? And all of the eBay projector headlights come with high beams.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:28 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativzony View Post
Philosophizer - I would be real interested to hear how the install went and how you like the brightness.
ok its 430 pm right now and i just finished installing the headlights.

it went pretty smoothly, the first headlight gave me a little bit of trouble but after that it was smooth sailing.

im going to check out the quality of the light emission once it gets dark over here, but ill keep you posted.

they look badass though haha
Old 08-24-2010, 11:45 PM   #12
r4e is on a distinguished road
r4e's Tacoma Gallery
any projectors for 2001-2004?
Old 08-25-2010, 01:04 AM   #13
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Philosophizer View Post
ok its 430 pm right now and i just finished installing the headlights.

it went pretty smoothly, the first headlight gave me a little bit of trouble but after that it was smooth sailing.

im going to check out the quality of the light emission once it gets dark over here, but ill keep you posted.

they look badass though haha
well?. are they bright or not?. I have a set coming and was wondering the same thing.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:43 AM   #14
red balls got me!
IamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Turd chaser!!
Name: adam
IamTacO's Tacoma Gallery
i'm gonna guess that they weren't a super big jump from the stock lights. the vast majority of the ebay type lights do not have very good optics. so the light output will be sub par due to the poor choice in halogen projectors being used. putting hids in them would not be recommended
Old 08-25-2010, 10:30 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmpjmpr View Post
well?. are they bright or not?. I have a set coming and was wondering the same thing.
yes, they are. i'll post pictures tonight. im going to have to do it with my cell phone though so sorry in advance if its low quality.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:22 PM   #16
captcrackerhead is on a distinguished road
Name: John
captcrackerhead's Tacoma Gallery
noob here.

I wanted to get HID projectors, and after some searching and talking settled on this kit:

http://www.retrosolutionsllc.com/ser...BIXENON/Detail

so, did I screwge myself? Kit seems easy enough to install, but was packaged suspiciously like chinee garbage....

any thoughts?
Old 11-07-2010, 04:34 PM   #17
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
^ they sell direct replacement projector headlights on ebay but I would just do a projector retrofit myself. There are no direct replacement bolt on projectors tho, you need to cut into ur headlight housing and custom attach the projectors.
The morimoto minis are a fairly simple install with no cutting and very little work required
Old 11-07-2010, 04:34 PM   #18
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
From what I have heard the light pattern of the ebay projector headlights doesn't work well with HID's and light output is worse than stock
Old 11-07-2010, 04:46 PM   #19
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Subd