Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

led light wire gauges

Old 03-14-2010, 06:20 PM   #1
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
led light wire gauges

is it ok to use 20-22 gauge wire to hook up some led strips in the bed on truck and does it require a relay????
i plan on hooking them into the dome light
Old 03-14-2010, 06:38 PM   #2
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
is it ok to use 20-22 gauge wire to hook up some led strips in the bed on truck and does it require a relay????
i plan on hooking them into the dome light
LED light strips use a very small amount of electricity. It's probably OK but I can't say for sure - I'm not too knowledgable on the subject. I used 18g wire for my lights and they work great. I used to 3' strips of LED lights in the bed. They are AWESOME! I put them on switches.

Why are you connecting it to the dome light? Do they come on when the doors are open? Do they come on when the dome is switched to 'ON'?
Old 03-14-2010, 09:46 PM   #3
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yea it will be on a 3 way switch so u can have them on with switch "up" or off "center" on with dome "down"
it will go on with the courstey lights or when the door is open or the remote button
its in the cheap mods section

where did u put them in the bed?
Old 03-14-2010, 09:49 PM   #4
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah its fine. The prewired LEDs from Oznium come with 22 gauge wire already on them. Works fine.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:53 PM   #5
t_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to all
Name: Erik
t_e's Tacoma Gallery
22ga is too small to go that far. one 18ga wire should be enough for multiple strips from cab to bed.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:16 PM   #6
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
all depends on the length of the wire...but i always think its better to go bigger...
Old 03-25-2010, 02:58 PM   #7
kevinva will become famous soon enough
kevinva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
yea it will be on a 3 way switch so u can have them on with switch "up" or off "center" on with dome "down"
Have you found an on-off-on switch that will fit in one of the Tacoma blanks? I have been looking for such a switch for wiring my bed lights but haven't come up with anything yet. I would like a switch that has an OEM look (i.e., it won't look obviously out of place with the other switches on the dash).
Old 03-25-2010, 03:42 PM   #8
BIG DADDY

try these
http://sensing.honeywell.com/index.c...1&pr_id=149405

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinva View Post
Have you found an on-off-on switch that will fit in one of the Tacoma blanks? I have been looking for such a switch for wiring my bed lights but haven't come up with anything yet. I would like a switch that has an OEM look (i.e., it won't look obviously out of place with the other switches on the dash).