Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

fog light hid's????

Old 03-15-2010, 06:51 PM   #1
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
fog light hid's????

im looking for a set of killer hid for 09 fog light....
any recomendations?
Old 03-15-2010, 07:03 PM   #3
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

can i use the 55 watt??? for the stock fogs? and is there anything else i gotta do for the install???
im looking for brite white.... what color 3000k / 12000k ?????????

dam and your from ny hello... from ny
Old 03-15-2010, 07:54 PM   #4
blazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blazze2005's Tacoma Gallery
I would only use 35 watt for the fogs

55 watt could get way to hot in a confined space like your OEM stock fog housings...

I'm running 35 watt HIDS (4300 bulbs)in my fogs and I love them
Got mine from www.xtremehids.com

But my 4300 series bulbs from xtremhids.com have a slight blue tint to them
I'm wondering if they sent me 5000 bulbs instead?

If you want white light go with the 4500 bulbs from www.DDMTuning.com
Attached Thumbnails
fog light hid's????-004.jpg  
Old 03-16-2010, 05:50 PM   #5
BIG DADDY

do you guys know if i get the 35 watt 5000k ddm hid kit for $50
do i need any add. stuff i.e. wiring harness? error preventer?? fog light adaptor??

and would u go with the Apexcone Raptor HID Kit $ 30 or
the DDM HID Kit Slim Ballast $ 50
Old 03-16-2010, 07:16 PM   #6
thekid1550 is on a distinguished road

thekid1550's Tacoma Gallery
get the 35 watt 4000 will be whiter than the 6000 and as far as the ballast thats up to you theres plenty of room for the regular ballasts

and hello to you from new york
Old 03-16-2010, 08:14 PM   #7
BIG DADDY

do i need any add. stuff i.e. wiring harness? error preventer?? fog light adaptor??
Old 03-16-2010, 08:17 PM   #8
Tacotronn
TacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TacoTron's Tacoma Gallery
No I would go with ddmtuning about 40 bucks which includes shipping 30 without but youd wanna go with the 35w and if you want white go with 5000k or 6000k for a slight blue any higher then 35w for the fogs and youll definitely melt the housing like some of the guys say up there
Old 03-16-2010, 08:57 PM   #9
BIG DADDY

and its h10 bulbs for the fogs right???
what about the headlights bulb # h/l
Old 03-16-2010, 09:01 PM   #10
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
that's correct for the fog bulb. you want h4 hi/low for the headlights...i have the apexcone kit from ddm in my heads and love it
Old 03-16-2010, 09:09 PM   #11
BIG DADDY

??

whats the wattage on your h4 hi/lows? and the k;s
is there any cutting or anything to hook these kits up? any tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
that's correct for the fog bulb. you want h4 hi/low for the headlights...i have the apexcone kit from ddm in my heads and love it
Old 03-16-2010, 09:16 PM   #12
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

35 watt is plenty bright unless you live in the middle of nowhere or just like really really really bright lights. there is no cutting of anything, just plug everything in acording to the instructions and you're good to go
Old 03-16-2010, 09:21 PM   #13

here's a pic of what the 35 watt 6000k bulbs look like

note: they are not quite that blue, there is just a blue tint. the camera jsut made them come out more blue than they are.
Attached Thumbnails
fog light hid's????-dscf6245.jpg  
Old 03-16-2010, 09:45 PM   #14
blazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blazze2005's Tacoma Gallery
Here are some pics of the DDM Tuning Raptor kit with regular size ballast
35 watt 4500 bulbs H10(9145) style bulb for Second Gen Tacoma fogs

These Ballast are nice heavy duty construction and really decent quality for the money only $29.95 plus shipping
Attached Thumbnails
fog light hid's????-006.jpg   fog light hid's????-008.jpg   fog light hid's????-010.jpg   fog light hid's????-011.jpg  
Old 03-17-2010, 11:11 PM   #15
BIG DADDY

dam thats sweet just ordered them............
thanks guys
Old 03-17-2010, 11:12 PM   #16
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
mine... 6k-35 watt
Old 03-17-2010, 11:39 PM   #17
LIVESTRONG
Bullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bullzi511Tacoma06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFTRD View Post
mine... 6k-35 watt
Just ordered what you have.

Hope it's as easy to set up as you guys say!
Old 03-17-2010, 11:47 PM   #18

^^^ almost as simple as installing an antenna, you should have no problem....oh wait

jk... yeah, very straight forward. just make sure you have good grounds, i had a bad ground that kept the passenger side from lighting, but it was completely my fault.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:11 AM   #19
LIVESTRONG
Bullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bullzi511Tacoma06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
^^^ almost as simple as installing an antenna, you should have no problem....oh wait

jk... yeah, very straight forward. just make sure you have good grounds, i had a bad ground that kept the passenger side from lighting, but it was completely my fault.
LOL- sounds like I will be enlisting some help then... no experience with grounding. can't be that hard though. What can i say- I'm a newbie, but I'm stubborn as hell and don't typically quit until something works right (or is broken beyond repair ) LOL
Old 03-18-2010, 12:23 AM   #20

grounding simply means bolt the black wire to the frame or body (just about anything metal on the truck).