Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

purchasing black headlights

Old 03-19-2010, 10:39 AM   #1
CSULB socal
dunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig Sirois
dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
purchasing black headlights

So I did bhlm over the summer and now my left light is fogging up like tits. Does anyone know where I can purchase normal black headlights not halo or w.e? I looked at octanemotorsports but the BBB and they have an F.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:43 AM   #2
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...Q5fAccessories

$130 shipped. They look and work great.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:20 AM   #3
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Or just reseal...
Old 03-19-2010, 11:30 AM   #4
JGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud of
JGJ's Tacoma Gallery
I would just open your light back up, clean it out, reseal using c-clamps, then caulk the seal. Mine have never leaked but I clamped them pretty good and caulked the heck out of them.

Save your $130 for some other mod.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:12 PM   #5
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Another way to remove moisture- fishing line and a packet of the silica gel they pack with new shoes and stuff. Tie fishing line around the packet and stick it through the hole for your light bulb. It'll absorb that moisture over 24 hours- then you pop it out with the fishing line. Then get a tube of the clear silicone (walmart, paint section) and hit up every crevis.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:14 PM   #6
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyScottETC View Post
Another way to remove moisture- fishing line and a packet of the silica gel they pack with new shoes and stuff. Tie fishing line around the packet and stick it through the hole for your light bulb. It'll absorb that moisture over 24 hours- then you pop it out with the fishing line. Then get a tube of the clear silicone (walmart, paint section) and hit up every crevis.
That is an awesome idea. Rep for you.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:19 PM   #7
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you sir. I just hope what we are dealing with here is moisture-related and not paint-fogging
Old 03-19-2010, 06:23 PM   #8
CSULB socal
dunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the tips guys. But a clip behind one of the headlights is broken and it doesn't aim straight so I was in the market for a new one anyway.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:20 PM   #9
CSULB socal

dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...Q5fAccessories

$130 shipped. They look and work great.
do these fit 09's too?

i thought 05-present were all the same but this guy said only 05-08?

can anyone help me or tell me if this guy is just wrong?
Old 03-23-2010, 12:26 PM   #10
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkhi View Post
do these fit 09's too?

i thought 05-present were all the same but this guy said only 05-08?

can anyone help me or tell me if this guy is just wrong?
They're all the same. A lot of sellers don't bother updating their pre-canned post information.

I bought from this seller and had no issues at all:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...52110033647219