Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

FX-R Output

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-21-2010, 07:17 AM   #1
tunedx [OP] tunedx is offline
Banned
tunedx is on a distinguished road
Joined: Sep 2009, #23264
Gender: Male
Posts: 132
tunedx's Tacoma Gallery
FX-R Output

I ran ls430 projector retrofit on my Tacoma X-Runner for a couple years which had amazing width and ton of foreground but no flicker (bling factor) I replaced the lens with tsx-r and had a nice blue cutoff and increased the output. I'm interested on memebers that are running the fx-r are they satisfied with the foreground light, did u space the bulb and hows the flicker (color band)? I know this projector has a mountian below the cutoff. Does this bother anyone?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 06:20 PM   #2
tunedx [OP] tunedx is offline
Banned
tunedx is on a distinguished road
Joined: Sep 2009, #23264
Gender: Male
Posts: 132
tunedx's Tacoma Gallery
bump
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:08 AM   #3
Junior Member
elephatitis is on a distinguished road
Joined: May 2008, #6557
Posts: 23
elephatitis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunedx View Post
I ran ls430 projector retrofit on my Tacoma X-Runner for a couple years which had amazing width and ton of foreground but no flicker (bling factor) I replaced the lens with tsx-r and had a nice blue cutoff and increased the output. I'm interested on memebers that are running the fx-r are they satisfied with the foreground light, did u space the bulb and hows the flicker (color band)? I know this projector has a mountian below the cutoff. Does this bother anyone?
why not keep the ls430 and be different? with the clear lens and the spacer, you have a flicker similar to s2k projectors.

The fx-r has a more focused beam, but you cant beat 165 degrees of width.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:13 AM   #4
tunedx [OP] tunedx is offline
Banned
tunedx is on a distinguished road
Joined: Sep 2009, #23264
Gender: Male
Posts: 132
tunedx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by elephatitis View Post
why not keep the ls430 and be different? with the clear lens and the spacer, you have a flicker similar to s2k projectors.

The fx-r has a more focused beam, but you cant beat 165 degrees of width.
I sold them and looking to start my 2nd retro and would like some input with the members that are running these projectors on a truck?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:43 AM   #5
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
1BlkT's Avatar
Name: Ty
Joined: Oct 2007, #3283
Location: 90603
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,289
1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
To be honest I don't know a whole lot about the FXR's, I ended up paying yosh2000 to assembly my setup. He could probably answer your questions about mine better than I could but what exactly are you trying to find out?

I love the output of mine
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:20 PM   #6
Junior Member
elephatitis is on a distinguished road
Joined: May 2008, #6557
Posts: 23
elephatitis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunedx View Post
I sold them and looking to start my 2nd retro and would like some input with the members that are running these projectors on a truck?
what you need to know?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:39 PM   #7
tunedx [OP] tunedx is offline
Banned
tunedx is on a distinguished road
Joined: Sep 2009, #23264
Gender: Male
Posts: 132
tunedx's Tacoma Gallery
Do these produce enough forground light( light on the road) factory or was spacing the bulb needed. Also hows the light flicker (color band, bling factor)?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:39 PM   #8
Junior Member
elephatitis is on a distinguished road
Joined: May 2008, #6557
Posts: 23
elephatitis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunedx View Post
Do these produce enough forground light( light on the road) factory or was spacing the bulb needed. Also hows the light flicker (color band, bling factor)?
in my opinion beam is instense, flicker is nice, no upgrades are needed

arent you a member of hidplanet? there are millions of output pics on there
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:22 PM   #9
tunedx [OP] tunedx is offline
Banned
tunedx is on a distinguished road
Joined: Sep 2009, #23264
Gender: Male
Posts: 132
tunedx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by elephatitis View Post
in my opinion beam is instense, flicker is nice, no upgrades are needed

arent you a member of hidplanet? there are millions of output pics on there
Yeah I would just like some real input with these mounted on a truck
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:53 PM   #11
Senior Member
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
yosh2000's Avatar
Joined: Sep 2007, #2733
Location: Denver, CO
Gender: Dude
Posts: 2,881
yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
^ that is w/ the included 1mm spacer TRS supplies, FYI.

as seen in the hidplanet output shots, the FX-Rs have a little strip down the middle that i think will help w/ the trucks...i'll let you know for sure one day when i finally finish my set!
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ARB high output on-board compressor, problems with pressure output TacoNewb 2nd Gen. Tacomas 0 01-16-2011 07:41 PM
aux output.... anybody know? whiteboy88 2nd Gen. Tacomas 9 12-31-2010 09:22 PM
aux output whiteboy88 Audio & Video 0 12-31-2010 01:54 PM
Alternator Output? jjsask 1st Gen. Tacomas 1 12-02-2010 12:09 PM
Looking for more light output? chris4x4 General Automotive 12 05-08-2010 05:09 PM


Copyright © 2014 Tacoma Forum. Tacoma World is not owned by, or affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation.