Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

how to increase back up lighting

Old 03-21-2010, 12:04 PM   #1
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
how to increase back up lighting

anyone know any good mods on 1st gens to increase back up lighting? i wanna light up the world when i back up, but i dont want it to look too odd or poke below the bumper cause hell i ripped off my lisecense plate going through the woods the other day, hell i just wanna ee any cool lighting mods haha, and i already have bed lights btw
Old 03-21-2010, 03:27 PM   #2
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
50w or 55w (cant remember which) blazer bulbs, completely PNP, had them on my old '98, worked great!
Old 03-21-2010, 03:52 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I went with a 50Watt bulb, and lined the reverse reflector with Tin Foil. Shinney side up. THe lens comes off easy, then just use an adhesive of some sort, to stick the tin foil to the light housing.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:45 PM   #5
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
HIDs in your reverse light.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:49 PM   #6
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I went with a 50Watt bulb, and lined the reverse reflector with Tin Foil. Shinney side up. THe lens comes off easy, then just use an adhesive of some sort, to stick the tin foil to the light housing.
Wait- Tin foil has a SHINY side?? Fux me....I've been doing to wrong for YEARS!!!
Old 03-21-2010, 08:07 PM   #7
marchev90 is on a distinguished road

Name: Tony
marchev90's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunes View Post
wait- tin foil has a shiny side?? Fux me....i've been doing to wrong for years!!!
LoL!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-21-2010, 08:17 PM   #8
Proud Tundra *****
oofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
oofy15354's Tacoma Gallery
get some of the flat flush mount lights. take off the removable part of the tailgate, cut holes then mount them there. run wires somehow and tap into the stock reverse lights

idk, the idea just came to me. i havent tried it nor have i ever heard of it on any truck other than semis and the like (and i know plenty of people on the local call fire departments with $15,000 light set ups) but i think itd be bad ass

now i kinda wanna try it once i join up....
Old 03-21-2010, 08:50 PM   #9
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I just have cheap lights under my rear bumper but still above the hitch. I doubt they will ever get hit, but there are plenty of 20-30 dollar light sets at walmart if they do.

I like oofy's idea about flush mounting them, if you go that route just make sure you have a way to aim them. Maybe with a work light pattern aiming won't be needed?
Old 03-21-2010, 09:01 PM   #10
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
Quote:
Originally Posted by oofy15354 View Post
get some of the flat flush mount lights. take off the removable part of the tailgate, cut holes then mount them there. run wires somehow and tap into the stock reverse lights

idk, the idea just came to me. i havent tried it nor have i ever heard of it on any truck other than semis and the like (and i know plenty of people on the local call fire departments with $15,000 light set ups) but i think itd be bad ass

now i kinda wanna try it once i join up....
so take off the tailgate? i might make this then make a thread if i get a picture in my head
Old 03-28-2010, 10:55 AM   #11
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
anyone know any good mods on 1st gens to increase back up lighting? i wanna light up the world when i back up, but i dont want it to look too odd or poke below the bumper cause hell i ripped off my lisecense plate going through the woods the other day, hell i just wanna ee any cool lighting mods haha, and i already have bed lights btw
I just finished this writeup. They are "below" the bumper, but barely; actually mounted in front of the bumper (between the spare and the bumper). Check out what I did, it might suit your needs. Cheap, easy, well-protected, and way better vis than before...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...d-writeup.html
Old 03-28-2010, 11:19 AM   #12
STravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
STravis's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have the spare tire in the rack, i just keep it in the bed, but the little things that keep the tire from swinging have perfect holes to bolt lights to. Its tucked up above the frame and you can't see them unless you are looking for them.
Attached Thumbnails
how to increase back up lighting-dscf3108.jpg   how to increase back up lighting-dscf3109.jpg   how to increase back up lighting-dscf3110.jpg   how to increase back up lighting-dscf3111.jpg