Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Hid relay for tacoma?

Old 03-22-2010, 10:21 PM   #1
joshy523 is a splendid one to beholdjoshy523 is a splendid one to beholdjoshy523 is a splendid one to beholdjoshy523 is a splendid one to beholdjoshy523 is a splendid one to beholdjoshy523 is a splendid one to beholdjoshy523 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Josh
joshy523's Tacoma Gallery
Hid relay for tacoma?

Does anyone know anything about having to add a relay for your hids? I bought some on craigslist and after a week my passanger light went out. I took it back and the told me that i needed a relay in order for the lights to work. Anybody know anything about this?
Old 03-23-2010, 12:13 AM   #2
elephatitis is on a distinguished road
elephatitis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshy523 View Post
Does anyone know anything about having to add a relay for your hids? I bought some on craigslist and after a week my passanger light went out. I took it back and the told me that i needed a relay in order for the lights to work. Anybody know anything about this?
do you have a bixenon or a regular pnp kit?

if you have a regular one, no relay is required (needed for safety issues)

if your passenger light went out, its usually the bulb or ballast that is broken, some shady craigslist dealers give excuses because they dont wanna give refunds or replacements

you get what you pay for...

think about going retro, you wont blind people if you do
Old 03-23-2010, 12:48 AM   #3
05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
05offroad's Tacoma Gallery
if its a plug and play i had the same problem....faulty ballast. get the guy to give you another one and if he says its not that then plug in the other ballast and show him thats what it is
Old 03-23-2010, 11:46 AM   #4
joshy523 is a splendid one to beholdjoshy523 is a splendid one to beholdjoshy523 is a splendid one to beholdjoshy523 is a splendid one to beholdjoshy523 is a splendid one to beholdjoshy523 is a splendid one to beholdjoshy523 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Josh
joshy523's Tacoma Gallery
its a plug and play and i checked each ballast and the passanger was out, when i took it back the guy told me that i needed a relay because i was going to burn the ballast again. Right before leaving his shop i saw two other people that had the same problem, he was scamming everyone
Old 03-23-2010, 11:54 AM   #5
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
a relay turns the ballast on and off, no way would that help..with a relay you hook up directly to the battery = most power possible to the ballasts. he's sellin bad stuff i'm afraid.