Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Materials to Retrofit.

Old 03-26-2010, 08:34 PM   #1
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Question Materials to Retrofit.

What is the price range and what are the materials to make a retrofit possible? I've really thought about doing it for my truck. I would like to use Acura TSX Projectors.

Also, Is there a howto?
Old 03-26-2010, 08:36 PM   #2
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
There is no DIY for it. Since almost every application is different. You are basically fabricating it. If you have no fabricating experience, I would not recommend it. I would rather you pay someone that has done it before.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:39 PM   #3
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
I have fabricating experience. What are you talking about fabrication though? Like the design and the way it works?
Old 03-26-2010, 08:44 PM   #4
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
i want retros so bad.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:46 PM   #5
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Thats why I'm going to try it out.

On a side note: Jake...... That has to be the longest info area I've ever seen hahahahaha
Old 03-26-2010, 08:49 PM   #6
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
That has to be the longest info area I've ever seen hahahahaha
Old 03-26-2010, 09:11 PM   #7
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
{{{{{{{{The "Name" and "Location"
Old 03-26-2010, 09:14 PM   #8
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
o hahahahah yeah

i thought it was pretty clever! lol
Old 03-26-2010, 09:20 PM   #9
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
o hahahahah yeah

i thought it was pretty clever! lol
It is clever! Its like that icon that has a vacuum and a fan. The vacuum says to the fan "You blow", the Fan says to the Vacuum "You suck". Did you think of it?
Old 03-26-2010, 09:33 PM   #10
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
dude im not gonna lie... i am sooooo confused
Old 03-26-2010, 09:37 PM   #11
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
dude im not gonna lie... i am sooooo confused
hahahaha. Your Name and Location info made me remember of a picture that went like this:

Its like that picture that has a vacuum and a fan. The vacuum says to the fan "You blow", the Fan says to the Vacuum "You suck".

And then I asked did you think of the Name and Location stuff yourself?
Old 03-26-2010, 09:43 PM   #12
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
hahahaha. Your Name and Location info made me remember of a picture that went like this:

Its like that picture that has a vacuum and a fan. The vacuum says to the fan "You blow", the Fan says to the Vacuum "You suck".

And then I asked did you think of the Name and Location stuff yourself?
the name is lyrics from a song by bo burnham hes hilarious

and my location is a quote from dumb and dumber lol
Old 03-26-2010, 09:47 PM   #13
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
the name is lyrics from a song by bo burnham hes hilarious

and my location is a quote from dumb and dumber lol
Ohhh alright. They are great quotes. Dumb and Dumber..... ahh good stuff
Old 03-27-2010, 01:02 AM   #14
SilverStreak05 is a splendid one to beholdSilverStreak05 is a splendid one to beholdSilverStreak05 is a splendid one to beholdSilverStreak05 is a splendid one to beholdSilverStreak05 is a splendid one to beholdSilverStreak05 is a splendid one to beholdSilverStreak05 is a splendid one to behold
SilverStreak05's Tacoma Gallery
You could always get a G1 projector kit off ebay. It's basically plug and play with no cutting. I've got the G3's which are bigger and require some modification, but not much.

Old 03-27-2010, 11:04 AM   #15
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I have fabricating experience. What are you talking about fabrication though? Like the design and the way it works?
You will have to measure, cut holes, do a lot of adjusting, etc.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:35 PM   #16
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet2100 View Post
You will have to measure, cut holes, do a lot of adjusting, etc.
I love a challenge with precision
Old 03-29-2010, 10:51 AM   #17
red balls got me!
IamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Turd chaser!!
Name: adam
IamTacO's Tacoma Gallery
with the tsx projectors, you won't have a high beam anymore. since your headlight is larger than the first gen's, why don't you use a tl projector? one of the best bi-xenon projectors on the market shy of a ls430
Old 03-29-2010, 12:10 PM   #18
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
TSX was the first thing that came to mind. I wasn't really thinking about the different types.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:42 PM   #19

Fx-r...
Old 03-29-2010, 08:35 PM   #20
Phenom3030 is on a distinguished road

Army: EOD
Name: Jon
Phenom3030's Tacoma Gallery
Check out theretrofitsource.com. I just completed mine with components from them; E55 projectors with ZKW-R lenses, Gatling shrouds, 6k Morimoto bulbs, D2S adapters, the H4 Bixenon relay harness so I've got hi-beams.
I had a PnP kit and I made a package after talking to Matt at TRS. Came out to about $260, and its totally worth it. And now after seeing their FXR's I'd go back and do it again.
It was my first retro, so I bought a set of aftermarket blacked out headlights to work on since my truck is the daily driver. Took me about a week working a couple hours every other night or so. I don't have fabrication experience per say but I think I'm decently handy with some tools.
And ya, I was a pretty nervous hacking up a good set of headlights and hoping not to waste a few hundred bucks botching up a retro. But all in all I'm glad I did it and it looks friggin sweet!
Gathered a whole bunch of info and read tons from the couple retrofit threads here (one of the reason's why i recently joined. Thanks to those who made the threads) and HIDPlanet.