LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Way Blacked Out!

Old 03-27-2010, 09:46 AM   #1
They Still Love To Hate Me! - T.O.
billas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant future

Name: Joel
billas333's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to billas333
Way Blacked Out!

So this guy smoked my headlights this week and he did them super dark which I was not expecting. Anyway I was wondering if anyone had smoked headlights with HIDs?

I have regular bulbs in there now and it has cut down the shine through of the lights by atleast 50%

I hope the HIDs blow through the tint otherwise im gonna be buying new headlights :-(

Old 03-27-2010, 09:51 AM   #2
I Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I Liquid I's Tacoma Gallery
If its vht spray, you could just take it out with a paint remover thats safe for plastics.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:57 AM   #5
I Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I Liquid I's Tacoma Gallery
HOLY SHIT!

The guy would have been better off using freaking engine black spray. DAM!

But yeah, paint remover thats is SAFE for PLASTICS, should take it off. At least it helped a friend of mine once.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:02 AM   #6
O shizzle!
Cryer is a jewel in the roughCryer is a jewel in the roughCryer is a jewel in the rough

Cryer's Tacoma Gallery
if not try 55watt hids. thats super dark.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:04 AM   #7
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Holy crap i would slap him! To dark!
Old 03-27-2010, 10:06 AM   #8
SilverStreak05 is a splendid one to beholdSilverStreak05 is a splendid one to beholdSilverStreak05 is a splendid one to beholdSilverStreak05 is a splendid one to beholdSilverStreak05 is a splendid one to beholdSilverStreak05 is a splendid one to beholdSilverStreak05 is a splendid one to behold
SilverStreak05's Tacoma Gallery
Even with HID's you're going to lose a good amount of the light, which kind of defeats the whole purpose. Lights that dark are going to be a cop magnet too, especially in California.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:12 AM   #9
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by billas333 View Post
So this guy smoked my headlights this week and he did them super dark which I was not expecting. Anyway I was wondering if anyone had smoked headlights with HIDs?

I have regular bulbs in there now and it has cut down the shine through of the lights by atleast 50%

I hope the HIDs blow through the tint otherwise im gonna be buying new headlights :-(

You better get ready to get tickets or order new head light! Sorry brother!
Old 03-27-2010, 10:18 AM   #11
Everything's BIGGER in TX!
Oskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oscar
Oskie_78's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Oskie_78
dammm....I bet u won't even see the blinkers
Old 03-27-2010, 10:26 AM   #12
Fed Taco will become famous soon enough

Name: Cale
Fed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good but you won't get away with that for long. You better get that stuff off
Old 03-27-2010, 08:18 PM   #16
DAMN GOOD DEAL!!
TRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kenny
TRDKenE's Tacoma Gallery
yea im not a fan...i probably wouldnt even tint the headlights period.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:43 PM   #18
White Tank
SkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
SkyHighTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I dont see any headlights?
Old 03-28-2010, 08:35 AM   #19
James08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

James08's Tacoma Gallery
If you take some rubbing compound to them with a buffer you can make them a little lighter. They will also lighten up after sitting in the sun. They are way darker than I would want for sure. I used the VHT on my tail-lights, but I just did the BHLM on the front lights.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:35 PM   #20
slobalt will become famous soon enoughslobalt will become famous soon enough
Name: Kyle
slobalt's Tacoma Gallery
I went way too dark on my last car. If you used nightshades I was able to get it off really easy with acetone. It literally wiped straight off with that stuff. Pain thinner didn't work near as well for me.