Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Fog Light Mod!

Old 03-27-2010, 12:25 PM   #1
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Fog Light Mod!

Ok guys i know there are alot of thread for this i had on saved so i could to it to day but can not find it new had to clean comp Help please! There was one with good eazy to follow pic with it i know you have to do somthing to the relay them use a connector to go in to the green wire some where help guys!
Old 03-27-2010, 12:29 PM   #3
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Here ya go, they are under "mods and tutorials" right under the banner.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...html#post45430
Old 03-27-2010, 12:32 PM   #4
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
Here ya go, they are under "mods and tutorials" right under the banner.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...html#post45430
Thanks but i know were that one is i am looking for the wright up with all the step by step pic i want to see that one so i dont mess it up! Anyone know hat i am talking about!?
Old 03-27-2010, 12:37 PM   #5

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
I Really Want To Do This Mod Today!
Old 03-27-2010, 12:49 PM   #6
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdered_Out_Taco View Post
I Really Want To Do This Mod Today!
Clearly or you wouldn't have bumped your original post after only one minute.

The link posted above is the one I used and had no problems. Took me literally like 3 minutes to complete.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:56 PM   #7
bivey will become famous soon enoughbivey will become famous soon enough

bivey's Tacoma Gallery
Is this it?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...-how-pics.html
Old 03-27-2010, 12:58 PM   #8

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bivey View Post
Thanks but no this is for 1st gens buddy! I know how to do it just need pics to see how to finish wiring at green wire
Old 03-27-2010, 12:59 PM   #9
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Maybe he saw that, but that won't help since it's for 1st gens.

And what do you mean finish? I just used a wire tap. I can run outside and take a pic if you really need it.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:00 PM   #10

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
Maybe he saw that, but that won't help since it's for 1st gens.
Ya i know what to do at relay but what do i do at green wire
Old 03-27-2010, 01:01 PM   #11
Kenny Fuckin Powers

Just get a wire tap to tap the wire from the relay to the factory wire you have to splice into. I'll run outside and get you a pic.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:13 PM   #12
Kenny Fuckin Powers

Ran the red wire from the relay to the green wire. At the green wire I just used the blue wire tap to tap my red wire from relay to the green wire.

Old 03-27-2010, 01:32 PM   #13

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ran the red wire from the relay to the green wire. At the green wire I just used the blue wire tap to tap my red wire from relay to the green wire.

Bro you rock! so that it you just end the wire at the splice thing at the gree wire?
Old 03-27-2010, 01:34 PM   #14
Kenny Fuckin Powers

Yes, sir, obviously used the part of a blade connector for the relay, then just had the wire long enough to reach that green wire and used that connector there to splice into it and that's it. Other types of wire taps you could probably use, I just used that kind since I had a lot of them laying around.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:37 PM   #15

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes, sir, obviously used the part of a blade connector for the relay, then just had the wire long enough to reach that green wire and used that connector there to splice into it and that's it. Other types of wire taps you could probably use, I just used that kind since I had a lot of them laying around.
Sweet so after that is done i can turn then on and off with the fog light switch! It is to good to be true! what kinda wire gage and conetor size you use? O And Thanks for helping with the pics!
Old 03-27-2010, 01:40 PM   #16
Kenny Fuckin Powers

I don't even remember what gauge it was, not all that heavy. I'll have to see if I can find the rest of the wire I had a spool of it laying around somewhere. It's slightly heavier than that green wire you tap into. So perhaps you can judge of that roughly what size to use.

Just be aware that the anytime fog light mod means, anytime lol. You'll have to remember to turn the switch off when you turn the car off because they stay on. Naturally not an issue at night but if you run them during the day you might forget they are on.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:50 PM   #17

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't even remember what gauge it was, not all that heavy. I'll have to see if I can find the rest of the wire I had a spool of it laying around somewhere. It's slightly heavier than that green wire you tap into. So perhaps you can judge of that roughly what size to use.

Just be aware that the anytime fog light mod means, anytime lol. You'll have to remember to turn the switch off when you turn the car off because they stay on. Naturally not an issue at night but if you run them during the day you might forget they are on.
Ok Cool Thanks i saw a guy put a fuse in the one i saw that i was looking for do i need that or will i be ok you dont have one right!
Old 03-27-2010, 02:58 PM   #18
Kenny Fuckin Powers

Obviously taking the precaution of having a fuse is never a bad thing. Although plenty have done it the way I have without problems. I've had mine done since I got the truck in August 2009 and have yet to have an issue. Up to you really. But no I do not have a fuse myself.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:00 PM   #19
SoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rand
SoCalR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You'll have to remember to turn the switch off when you turn the car off because they stay on.
Really? Well, maybe it's different on the newer ones, but on my 05, the fogs turn off when I turn off my truck. Essentially like a DTRL.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:05 PM   #20
Kenny Fuckin Powers

WTF? I wish mine turned off and had no power when the truck is off. Hmm.