1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

04 Dbl Taco 4x4 interior light replacement

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by hunterwojo, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Mar 28, 2010 at 8:43 AM
    hunterwojo

hunterwojo [OP] Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma Double Cab 4X4
    None I like it stock
    Hey everyone:

Been on line several hours and am looking to replace the interior factory bulbs (instrument cluster, AC panel.....) in my 2004 tacoma 4x4 with LED's. I think the back ground lights on the instrument cluster are 194's (got that off a website) and I the AC panel are 74 (T1.5 twist lock base type). I am unsure what size the A/T Temp oil, Battery, Low oil lite, Seat belt, Emergency brake, check engine, low fuel, air bag, turn signal's, as well as the Hazard button, RR Diff Lock button, ECT Pwr button, Cigarette lighter and automatic shifter lights are? Are they twist lock type or or regular type? Does anyone have an all inclusive list of the bulbs, types, and sizes for the interior (basically all of them listed above)?

I just want to make sure I order the ones I want in the color I want one time, instead of piecemealing it..... I got on autoillumination as well as superbrightleds.com and I like what I see. In addition, I have scoped several threads on this site and I also am very impressed, with the transformation with LED's. I am ready to order, but would like to order everything I want just 1x

Also... The orange background on the AC panel is making me ill and I would like to have it bright white or blue. Does anyone know how to get rid of that orange back ground color on the panel?

Thanks for your assistance and helping a Veteran out

Wojo

2. Mar 28, 2010 at 7:13 PM
    hunterwojo

hunterwojo [OP] Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma Double Cab 4X4
    None I like it stock
    bumprrrr

I took apart the dash today, not hard at all, as long as you have a couple of cold ones...

All the bulbs appear to be #74 wedge type except the low fuel light. That bulb is slightly larger. Anyone know what size that one is?

3. Apr 27, 2010 at 12:53 PM
    maximum15

maximum15 New Member

Member:
    except for the climate control. Hate that amber stuff. Just found a link that shows the climate control panel is two pieces (panels) glued together -- and can be separated. I am going to tear into it this weekend. I think that after the front panel is separated, the amber colored bits can be taken off the back piece to eliminate the colored lighting. I will post back if that is how it works. http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=118.

So I opened the climate control panel this weekend, and when you separate the two panels that make up the climate control panel, the amber colored bits stay on the front panel. So, this didn't work as expected. I had various shades of pink bubble wrap laying around, so I took the most purple colored version and folded it four times, and placed this between the bulbs and plate. This worked for making the lights look red, so I am staying with this unless I change my mind.

4. Aug 22, 2010 at 4:26 AM
    Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    Black 2002 Tacoma Xtra Cab, 4x4, TRD, SR5
    Eibach/Bilsteins, Beefed shackles, Bushwacker Cut-Outs, Custom roll bar, TG Sliders, Elite Front Bumper, XRC8 Winch
    I'm trying to do this as well. I have searched for a blue panel and have yet to find one. I don't think you can alter the factory one to end up blue so I think you must buy a whole new panel that is intended for the light to be blue. Let me know if you find anything.

Products Discussed in

To Top