Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

What would you do

View Poll Results: Yellow or smoked?
Yellow 14 22.95%
Smoked 47 77.05%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2010, 04:57 PM   #1
wingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jonathan
wingshootin's Tacoma Gallery
What would you do

Yellow or smoked fogs on my taco? What would you do?

On this:

Old 03-28-2010, 05:00 PM   #3
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
cbcs1987's Tacoma Gallery
Smoke would go great with that color.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:01 PM   #4
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Yellow yellow yellow yellow.

They're more functional, they look badass... They'll add contrast to your front end, and there's supposedly more effective in heavy fog. Also, they look badass. Case in point...
Old 03-28-2010, 05:08 PM   #5
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyScottETC View Post
Yellow yellow yellow yellow.

They're more functional, they look badass... They'll add contrast to your front end, and there's supposedly more effective in heavy fog. Also, they look badass. Case in point...
Warning: About to geek out why this isn't the case.

Both of those lenses are filters over white lights. They both reduce the overall output.
They are also no more effective white versus yellow light for fog. Fog droplets are so large compared to the wavelength of color of light that the droplets scatter all light pretty effectively.

You might get less glare from yellow...but that's about it. And that "badass" thing is subjective- Cause I think THEY just look like ass.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:12 PM   #6
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
get the smoked ones!
Old 03-28-2010, 05:13 PM   #7
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Warning: about to geek out why this isn't the case. Both of those lenses are filters over white lights. They both reduce the overall output.
They are also no more effective white versus yellow light for fog. Fog droplets are so large compared to the wavelength of color of light that the droplets scatter all light pretty effectively.

You might get less glare from yellow...but that's about it. And that "badass" thing is subjective- Cause I think just look like ass.
I'm about to geek out in response to your geek out.

I did write "supposedly", to transcend ambiguity about my opinion wether or not this is true OR false.

In addition, my bulbs are yellow as well.

And also, fuck you for calling me an ass.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:18 PM   #8
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I did write "supposedly", to transcend ambiguity about my opinion wether or not this is true OR false.

EEEAAAASSSSSSYYYYYY

He said the yellow looks like ass, not that you are one..

My vote was yellow, only because I feel I can see better in the rain.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:18 PM   #9
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Wow- Slow your roll cowboy- I didn't get all the words into my post- but I sure as shit wasn't calling you an ass. PS-I went back and added the word that I missed.
So fuck YOU.

And since you felt like giving an opinion that you aren't even sure about- I went ahead and brought some science to situation to give a decent explanation instead of a a piss poor guess passed off as fact.
And fuck you again for being an ass. (Imagine that-I didn't even call you an ass and I was right...You are.)

Filtering yellow lights with yellow lenses is waste too....
Old 03-28-2010, 05:21 PM   #10
wingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jonathan
wingshootin's Tacoma Gallery
Now now. Cant we all get along
Old 03-28-2010, 05:21 PM   #11
SUPERCHARGED!!!
gusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Greg
gusher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wow- Slow your roll cowboy- I didn't get all the words into my post- but I sure as shit wasn't calling you an ass.
So fuck you first up.

And since you felt like giving an opinion that you aren't even sure about- I went ahead and brought some science to situation to give a decent explanation instead of a a piss poor guess passed off as fact.
And fuck you again for being an ass. (Imagine that-I didn't even call you an ass and I was right...You are.)
Old 03-28-2010, 05:22 PM   #12
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-28-2010, 05:24 PM   #14
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Place your bets, place your bets!

Old 03-28-2010, 05:37 PM   #15

WELL he's right, get whichever one suits your nanometer preference, and I am an ass. AND a cowboy apparently too, and I'll never try to "PASS OFF A PISS POOR GUESS AS A FACT" again by repeating something that I read on this forum.

Furthermore, don't you think that if I AGREED with it because I actually HAVE these lights, I would have said, "THEY DEFINITELY, FOR A FACT, WORK BETTER IN FOG THAN CLEAR LENSES"

Jesus christ man. Take an honest american "fuck you" in stride instead of loosing your shit, it's not like I hexed your family or something.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:40 PM   #16
abides.

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
WELL he's right, get whichever one suits your nanometer preference, and I am an ass. AND a cowboy apparently too, and I'll never try to "PASS OFF A PISS POOR GUESS AS A FACT" again by repeating something that I read on this forum.

Furthermore, don't you think that if I AGREED with it because I actually HAVE these lights, I would have said, "THEY DEFINITELY, FOR A FACT, WORK BETTER IN FOG THAN CLEAR LENSES"

Jesus christ man. Take an honest american "fuck you" in stride instead of loosing your shit, it's not like I hexed your family or something.
Just cause you read it here, or on Wikipedia, or saw it on (Insert your favorite news network) doesn't mean it's true. Forums are to discuss stuff....which is what I was trying to do....and then Who started freaking out??

Your wrong....Take that in stride and STFU. K??
Old 03-28-2010, 05:41 PM   #17
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrllCZw8jiM
Old 03-28-2010, 05:49 PM   #18

Quote:
Just cause you read it here, or on Wikipedia, or saw it on (Insert your favorite news network) doesn't mean it's true. Forums are to discuss stuff....which is what I was trying to do....and then Who started freaking out??

Your wrong....Take that in stride and STFU. K??

When did I say it was TRUE???? I've made two very clear, very distinct efforts to re-affirm the fact that I do not agree that they perform better, why are you still focusing on this?
Old 03-28-2010, 05:53 PM   #19
abides.

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

When did I say it was TRUE???? I've made two very clear, very distinct efforts to re-affirm the fact that I do not agree that they perform better, why are you still focusing on this?
Well...It started with your first post where you put "Case in Point" after your short statement with no factual back up. And then it continued when you tried to justify/excuse your statements by saying "But I read it here" implying you believed it was true cause you read it here...and decided to pass it along as "Case in Point"

Don't back peddle so hard- It's okay to learn something now and again.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:00 PM   #20
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
cbcs1987's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
And since you felt like giving an opinion that you aren't even sure about....
HAHAHA. Classic.