Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Lighting FAQ - Please Read Before Posting

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-15-2010, 06:35 PM   #21
671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

671taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
do you have them installed upside down maybe? the metal sheild should be facing down with the opening at the top
yeah shields are down. i read somewhere when on high beam the shield moves. it doesnt move at all. so could it be that its a single beam hid and they marked it hi/low by accident?
also i have connectors that dont connect to anything..
Old 07-16-2010, 12:43 AM   #22
671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

671taco's Tacoma Gallery
problem solved. went back to where i bought it and the lady had me swap out the 2 harnesses and gave me a single harness as well as the bulbs. gotta wait till dark to test them
Old 07-16-2010, 07:03 PM   #23
MBestrgr has much to be proud ofMBestrgr has much to be proud ofMBestrgr has much to be proud ofMBestrgr has much to be proud ofMBestrgr has much to be proud ofMBestrgr has much to be proud ofMBestrgr has much to be proud ofMBestrgr has much to be proud ofMBestrgr has much to be proud of
Army: 2nd Ranger Btn. 75th Ranger Regiment. Tab and scroll
Name: Matt
MBestrgr's Tacoma Gallery
Great thread. Is there any instruction on how to install the LEDs in the gauges? Obviously I am going to have to pull some of the dash, but I don't even know where to start. Any help would be great thanks!
Old 07-19-2010, 12:05 PM   #24
HPaap72 is on a distinguished road
HPaap72's Tacoma Gallery
i blew out my front turn signal on my 1st gen tacoma. i was considering replacing my front bumper with some form of grill. if i did so what do i do about turn signals. is it possible to wire the turn signal to the front parking lights maybe up by the headlight?
Old 07-19-2010, 12:23 PM   #25
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPaap72 View Post
i blew out my front turn signal on my 1st gen tacoma. i was considering replacing my front bumper with some form of grill. if i did so what do i do about turn signals. is it possible to wire the turn signal to the front parking lights maybe up by the headlight?
just swap the wires around. if the lights in the lower bumper are your blinkers then run the wires from those into the lights beside your headlights.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:24 PM   #26
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBestrgr View Post
Great thread. Is there any instruction on how to install the LEDs in the gauges? Obviously I am going to have to pull some of the dash, but I don't even know where to start. Any help would be great thanks!
there is a link on the first post that will help
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...-complete.html
Old 08-13-2010, 12:52 PM   #27
YotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FMC 25th BSB
Name: Brian
YotaMan2007's Tacoma Gallery
i'm thinking about installing HIDs in my factory headlights. i'm looking at a 35w single beam kit, what is the chance that they will damage my headlights?
Old 10-11-2010, 10:53 PM   #28
taco19 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dallon
taco19's Tacoma Gallery
im looking for the size of the bulb behind the fog light switch. im looking to replace it with a blue light, do i need 4,5 or 6 mm?

this is where im buying them from http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...nstrument.html
Old 10-16-2010, 07:32 PM   #29
awoit will become famous soon enough

awoit's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to awoit
How about installing LED lights for replacing the running light dual filament bulb? I'm looking for a plug n play simple bulb to fit so that when I turn on my DTRL they are brighter than the more dim one on the dual fill.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:53 PM   #30
awoit will become famous soon enough

awoit's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to awoit
bump
Old 10-30-2010, 09:42 AM   #31
twistax will become famous soon enough

twistax's Tacoma Gallery
"Can the Shifter labels be changed?

Yes. the bulb is incandescent, but they used the good ol fashioned bulb condom here. So it can easily be replaced with a colored LED. "

Anybody know what size right off hand?
Old 10-30-2010, 10:00 AM   #32
red balls got me!
IamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Turd chaser!!
Name: adam
IamTacO's Tacoma Gallery
maybe a FAQ should be included here about installing HID's in stock reflectors?
Old 01-20-2011, 06:09 AM   #35
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
you're posting in the wrong spot. Go post a new thread in lighting.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:31 PM   #36
Average JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to behold

Army: 4ID
Name: Matt
Average JOE's Tacoma Gallery
I "up-graded" to 6000k HID's in my BHLM. I don't like them. The light patern has weard angles and such. Plus I'm having a hard time with one or the other just cutting off. Then when I hit a bump it will turn back on. I'm using the DDM slims

I'll be "re-up-grading" to HID FXR projectors from The Retro Fit Source. I'm not touching them untill then.

I got the FXR kit in the mail. Now I'm just waiting untill I have the funds to have YOSH2000 do the converision for me.

I'll post again with the pro's and con's after the re upgrade.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:15 PM   #40
tc399 is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: Tom
tc399's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry for being redundant - I just got around to installing the HID hi/LO kit. Where does the 3-prong plug go on an 08 Tacoma? The box and instructions are long gone.

Products Discussed in this Thread