Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Lighting FAQ - Please Read Before Posting

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-02-2011, 09:09 AM   #43
veet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the rough

veet skeet's Tacoma Gallery
I just got the angel eye HID halo projectors. One of the LED lights in the strand of four on the bottom of the lights is out, and I don't know what bulb to buy to replace it. It's only one of em that's out, but I don't know what bulb to buy to replace it. Also one of the parking lights is out as well on my halo projectors.

Where can I buy bulbs to replace the parking light and one of the LED bulbs in my halo projectors? I have 6000K HID's right now.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:12 AM   #44
twistax will become famous soon enough

twistax's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
I question here MY side marker bulb keeps burning out. what can i do to check if their is a short or something???

Get a multimeter set it to 12v AC reader..

Thhen turn on the lights then dip the prods in to the positive and negative feeds of the balist to see if there is fluxuation.

Ofcourse 12v is what is what you should be reading on it.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:14 PM   #45
UF06Tacoma is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Missile Maintenance / Retired
Name: Michael
UF06Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
HIDs in factory reflector headlights

Title says most of it, but I am looking to upgrade to the 4300K or the 6000K HIDs but I have stock headlights for my 06. I half read it's "illegal" but if you adjust them correctly they shouldn't be a problem... at least that's kind of what I gather.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:21 PM   #46
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
So can anybody tell me what setup they have, have had in the past, or suggest for a 1st gen. I'm looking for a 35w 4000K bulbs.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:49 PM   #47
pikuptruk is on a distinguished road
pikuptruk's Tacoma Gallery
I am having a lighting issue. I bought a used 01 taco. It had HIDs installed, but I had issues with them since I drove it home from the guys house. I noticed a couple days after I bought it, Whe my headlights are on, and I use the turn signal, the relay clicks very fast, and when I inspected this, both my rear tail it's and turning signals flash, alternating between turning signal light and brake lights. When I press on the brake pedal, they function as designed. When the headlights are off, the blinkers work fine until I press the brake, then the issue happens again. Also, the HIDs stopped working. My incandescent bulbs that are supposed to be my "low beams" only work when my high beams are engaged. I have tested the connections at the headlight bulbs, and I only get 12v when the highs are engaged. The previous owner had installed aftermarket power windows, but this should not affect this. I am thinking the circuit board located under the drivers side dash might be the culperate. Anyone out there have any suggestions?
Old 10-20-2011, 02:17 PM   #48
Relik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Eddy
Relik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet2100 View Post
Man I got to get me that Avid Light Rack, I mean Bar....
Old 10-21-2011, 06:54 AM   #49
pikuptruk is on a distinguished road
pikuptruk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relik View Post
Man I got to get me that Avid Light Rack, I mean Bar....
Are those stock or aftermarket? Lol yaharg!
Old 11-10-2011, 08:13 PM   #50
04tacodad is on a distinguished road
Name: Drew
04tacodad's Tacoma Gallery
2004 Tacoma Projectors

I can't find the projector style headlights for my 04 anywhere, any suggestions?
Old 01-18-2012, 08:56 AM   #51
Rellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement: Police Officer (retired NYPD)
Name: Craig
Rellik01's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know the difference between H10 and H11 bulbs. Looking for a foglight application.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:57 AM   #52
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04tacodad View Post
I can't find the projector style headlights for my 04 anywhere, any suggestions?
Theretrofitsource.com
Old 01-24-2012, 10:09 AM   #53
Tacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant future
Name: Terry
Tacozoid's Tacoma Gallery
Oznium Baby! Only way to go for PLCC2s
Old 03-08-2012, 03:29 PM   #54
jacobblocker is on a distinguished road

Name: Jacob
jacobblocker's Tacoma Gallery
sub
Old 05-21-2012, 11:05 PM   #55
TJay Sr. is on a distinguished road
Name: TJay
TJay Sr.'s Tacoma Gallery
Well I'm a rookie and I'm stuck. I got the black version of the- 2nd Generation Projector Headlights with the ccfl's the adjustment screws move the bulb in the center but thats the high beams. How do I adjust the projector part- the low beam? It doesnt need much but the passenger side plane is greater than the drivers just need to move it up and outside a hair. I guess I should have started asking- is it even adjustable? I know there not the greatest lights but I like them so far.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:10 PM   #56
Will The Thrill

IIRC you adjust them just like you would regular bulbs by using the screws on the backs of the headlights.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:04 PM   #57
TJay Sr. is on a distinguished road
Name: TJay
TJay Sr.'s Tacoma Gallery
Ok, I did that now and it works!! I just didnt see it moving the projector part, which is my bad. Even still I cant get a good pattern. The way it looks is like a flat plane on the left into a outside curve on the right. By looking at it, it could be said that both the projectors might be the same because they show the same pattern in the same way I was covering up one headlight at a time with a towel and its the same pattern a flat left and a round right hand side I hope what I'm saying makes sense.

If I should start a new thread about it just let me know.

Could it be the shape of the light in the projector? Could it just be the cheapy projector itsself?

I figure they should be universally compatible with either side cause it only a light but it looks as though I have 2 right hand side patterns lol. I just spent the last hour fooling with it driving around and shinning it on a wall and all that mess but it all does no good cause of the flat left and round right. i'll get pics up if it needs to be seen
Old 06-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #58
Bro do you even 'Merica?
jdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
jdk52's Tacoma Gallery
Just what I needed...
Old 06-12-2012, 06:26 AM   #60
Bro do you even 'Merica?
jdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
jdk52's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
I can help you out if you need any lighting or wiring done. I don't think you got a chance to see all my lights in action on the last meet

Gonna have to do the inside LEDs.

Products Discussed in this Thread