Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Lighting FAQ - Please Read Before Posting

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-15-2012, 09:39 AM   #62
Super Taco24 is on a distinguished road

Super Taco24's Tacoma Gallery
I am confused ...I want to do all LEDs outside. In the front i have the two side markers (2827/168). But my parking light is the turn signal, why is are there two different bulbs:

Parking light
4157NA

Front turn signal
4157NA
Old 06-16-2012, 12:34 AM   #63
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Taco24 View Post
I am confused ...I want to do all LEDs outside. In the front i have the two side markers (2827/168). But my parking light is the turn signal, why is are there two different bulbs:

Parking light
4157NA

Front turn signal
4157NA
Parking lights are considered DTRL and tacos with DTRLs have their turn signals as their DTRLs. Get the 3157 LED bulb for these. I haven't seen a wide variety of 4157 bulbs in LEDs and 3157s work just fine
Old 06-16-2012, 10:32 AM   #64
Super Taco24 is on a distinguished road

Super Taco24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
Parking lights are considered DTRL and tacos with DTRLs have their turn signals as their DTRLs. Get the 3157 LED bulb for these. I haven't seen a wide variety of 4157 bulbs in LEDs and 3157s work just fine
If that is the case then I have the DTRLs would they still work with a 3157.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #67
" The Master Ninja"
Death_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Talha
Death_Stalker's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd for ref.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #70
Rebel Taco Man is a jewel in the roughRebel Taco Man is a jewel in the roughRebel Taco Man is a jewel in the rough

Name: Tyler
Rebel Taco Man's Tacoma Gallery
So do all these light #'s match up to the older 1st gens? im wanting to swap out all my lights to leds. and cant find anything about this being done in the 1st gen section thanks.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:21 PM   #71
doc1911 is on a distinguished road
Army:
doc1911's Tacoma Gallery
Is the original bulb list for 1st or 2nd Gen or both?

Is the list in the manual? I need a list for 1st Gen.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:06 AM   #72
Gadsden is on a distinguished road
Gadsden's Tacoma Gallery
Bump... I'm looking for 1st Gen also
Old 01-02-2013, 01:02 PM   #73
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BluePearlShark99's Tacoma Gallery
anyone ever wire aftermarket LED fogs (shown in sig) into the relay for amber corners on first gen? i seem to be retarded... but i've searched and read and read for days now and im just lost... all i seem to find thats relatively helpful are for 2nd gens and these diagrams help alot but then i get confused

is this fuze the one already on the after market fogs or is it just showing that the relay goes to a stock fuze in the fuze box? also my switch has a ground, and two hot wires cuz it lights up. and it dont make sense (to me) to have (what i think) illustrated here is the ground (off switch wire) to the fuze and battery... im so lost.

also which relay would i ever be working with?

my lights are currently wired up like this:

two lights w/ a ground each and a wire joining each as one into the switch. switch also has ground and inline fuze to battery. the switch has three total wires going to it.

where do i go from here? __________________
Old 01-02-2013, 10:11 PM   #74
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePearlShark99 View Post
anyone ever wire aftermarket LED fogs (shown in sig) into the relay for amber corners on first gen?
I'm not sure what you mean by wiring them to the relay for the amber corners. Do you want them to come on with the amber corners?

Quote:
i seem to be retarded... but i've searched and read and read for days now and im just lost... all i seem to find thats relatively helpful are for 2nd gens and these diagrams help alot but then i get confused

is this fuze the one already on the after market fogs or is it just showing that the relay goes to a stock fuze in the fuze box?
The one already that comes with the fogs. The wire goes from the battery positive to the fuse to the relay pin 30.

Quote:
also my switch has a ground, and two hot wires cuz it lights up. and it dont make sense (to me) to have (what i think) illustrated here is the ground (off switch wire) to the fuze and battery... im so lost.
The ground is for the light on the switch. I'm assuming the light on the switch comes on when the switch is turned on. The switch will need a fused power source. It doesn't matter if you use the same power source as the fog lights like in the diagram above or a separate fused power source. I recommend using a separate power source and putting a smaller fuse on it because the switch most likely doesn't handle the amps that the fog lights need and the relay does not require that many amps. I would recommend using an add-a-circuit to your internal fuse box and using that as a power source for the switch. The outgoing of the switch will go to pin 86 of the relay so when the switch is turned on the relay will connect the circuit from 30 to 87. Pin 85 will need to be grounded for the relay to complete the circuit.

Quote:
also which relay would i ever be working with?
If the fog lights did not come with a relay you will need to buy one.
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=3020762
Local Radioshack, Autozone, or O'reilly's
You will need one that can handle more amps then your fog lights need and that you are fused for.

Quote:
my lights are currently wired up like this:

two lights w/ a ground each and a wire joining each as one into the switch. switch also has ground and inline fuze to battery. the switch has three total wires going to it.

where do i go from here? __________________
Add the relay, you'll be safer.
Hope this helps.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:46 PM   #75
Lean Mean MPG Machine (best = 27)
pidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud of

Name: Stefan
pidro_el_pirata's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadsden View Post
Bump... I'm looking for 1st Gen also
Me too. It seems to be for both but not explicitly mentioned
Old 02-10-2013, 12:19 AM   #76
whonoez is a jewel in the roughwhonoez is a jewel in the roughwhonoez is a jewel in the roughwhonoez is a jewel in the rough

Name: Jay
whonoez's Tacoma Gallery
Cool thread. Sub'd
Old 03-13-2013, 09:29 AM   #77
cvisinho is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
cvisinho's Tacoma Gallery
seems a couple questions are not clearly resolved.

bulb size behind fog light button?

bulb size behind hvac dials?

These seem to be the twist lock subminiatures.

I see the PLCC-2 SMT LEDs listed as dash gauge bulb type but there are different sizes behind the dash it seems.

Neo-3 Neo-4 Neo-5 from www.superbrightleds.com seem to fit the bill but what size is the question.

Does anyone have those and can update this thread with specifics?
Old 09-18-2013, 02:14 PM   #79
tonytsai0429 is on a distinguished road

tonytsai0429's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet2100 View Post
Bulb Sizes

High & low beam headlamp
9003/HB2/H4

Parking light
4157NA

Front turn signal
4157NA

Rear turn signal
3157A

Tail light

Stop light

High mount stop light

Fog/Driving light
9145/H10

License plate

Back up light

Front sidemarker
2827/168

Map light

Dome light
DE3022

Dash Gauges
PLCC-2 SMT LEDs

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ADJUSTMENT

If your factory head lights are pointing rather high, you can adjust them. Also, usually after installing an HID kit, you would most likely have to do some aiming, as well.

To adjust the height, use a long philips head screw driver to adjust it. The adjustment knob for the height is the one on the bottom closest to the fender (referring to the driver's side head light). To adjust up, you would turn your screw driver clockwise. To adjust down, turn the screw driver counter-clock wise.

To adjust the headlights from left to right, you would take off the black plastic cover off of the adjustment knob that is placed right in the middle of your headlight. You would adjust it the same way as the height adjustment knob.

Hi Viet, possible to post those picture again for the head light adjustment, many thanks in advance, i have a 2013 tacoma, wondering if the same

Products Discussed in this Thread