Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Lighting FAQ - Please Read Before Posting

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-03-2013, 01:33 PM   #81
"GO DUCKS" Edition
Oregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
Oregon TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naholo808 View Post
Will I have hyper flashing if i swap out my rear turn signal to LEDs?
Yep. But you get used to it.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:33 PM   #84
"GO DUCKS" Edition
Oregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
Oregon TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naholo808 View Post
Is it bad to leave it on hyper-flash or will it be okay?
doesnt hurt anything. I'm going to buy these to cure it though just for the slight annoyance factor.

http://www.amazon.com/Delta-03-0600-...ser+hyperflash
Old 12-08-2013, 05:10 PM   #85
Professional bear handler
MTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
Very good info! thanks
Old 12-18-2013, 06:41 PM   #86
RZChief90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZChief90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZChief90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZChief90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZChief90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZChief90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZChief90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZChief90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZChief90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZChief90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZChief90 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Chief - Retired
RZChief90's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone replaced their backup light bulbs with LED or some other bulb for brighter reverse lights? I'm looking at the Recon LED bulbs and was wondering if anyone else had any experience with them. Also, does switching to LED adversely effect the backup camera? Thanks.
Old 04-13-2014, 03:07 PM   #87
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Can someone with the proper knowledge post descriptions and photos of different colored lens filters and their effect? I know amber is supposed to help in dust/fog, what about blue and red?
Old 04-13-2014, 04:12 PM   #88
Naholo808 has much to be proud ofNaholo808 has much to be proud ofNaholo808 has much to be proud ofNaholo808 has much to be proud ofNaholo808 has much to be proud ofNaholo808 has much to be proud ofNaholo808 has much to be proud ofNaholo808 has much to be proud ofNaholo808 has much to be proud ofNaholo808 has much to be proud of

Name: Jordan
Naholo808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RZChief90 View Post
Has anyone replaced their backup light bulbs with LED or some other bulb for brighter reverse lights? I'm looking at the Recon LED bulbs and was wondering if anyone else had any experience with them. Also, does switching to LED adversely effect the backup camera? Thanks.
Pm csjumper for your led needs. He will answer all your questions.

Depending on the lumens, your backup camera will have a better view. For me, I have 450 lumens and I can see well from my backup camera at night.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:19 PM   #89
MKendall is on a distinguished road
MKendall's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, I was just wondering What size off road lights fit in the Bull bar?
Old 07-22-2014, 10:06 PM   #90
ProPhaze777 is a jewel in the roughProPhaze777 is a jewel in the roughProPhaze777 is a jewel in the rough

ProPhaze777's Tacoma Gallery
Are all those bulb sizes current through '14 tacomas?

I should add that in past vehicles I just replaced the stock flasher with an electronic flasher and it fixed the hyper flash problem, easy fix.
Anyone know where the stock turn signal flasher is located?
Old 08-17-2014, 04:31 PM   #91
Jamiedubs is on a distinguished road
Navy: Ordie
Jamiedubs's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you for the post about the bulb sizes. Are these bulb sizes you posted still applicable to the 2014 model?
Old 08-19-2014, 11:22 PM   #92
NoToothDipper is on a distinguished road
Name: Bradley
NoToothDipper's Tacoma Gallery
A Problem I Had With VHT Nightshade

So i have a 2001 Tacoma Prerunner and i used VHT Nightshade to black out my tail lights/blinkers. In the night you can see both of them perfectly fine but in the day time you can barly see them and if the sun is shining on them you cant see any light at all. I was wondering if there is a way to slip in LED lights into the stock brake and tail lights. I dont want to spend the money to buy a hole new thing. I just need to get brighter brake and blinker lights.
Attached Thumbnails
Lighting FAQ - Please Read Before Posting-10620753_570552306401138_8393468635135168439_n.jpg   Lighting FAQ - Please Read Before Posting-10500513_564123270377375_8613549806530409858_n.jpg   Lighting FAQ - Please Read Before Posting-10584351_571614299628272_1116308978_n.jpg  
Old 09-22-2014, 04:49 PM   #93
cannonsbrady5 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brady
cannonsbrady5's Tacoma Gallery
Switchback question

There may be a better thread for this but this was the most broad. I did the simple DRL mod the other day (by tapping parking lights and running to front turn signals). I really want my whole front end to run in white led. I hate amber. My question is will the switchbacks work properly (run white flash amber) with the DRL mod? or am I out of luck unless I buy the relay and flasher?
Old 09-22-2014, 07:11 PM   #94
Oregon State Edition
JRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JRGMann's Tacoma Gallery
What's the difference between 4157na and a regular 4157 bulb?
Old 09-22-2014, 08:12 PM   #95
ProPhaze777 is a jewel in the roughProPhaze777 is a jewel in the roughProPhaze777 is a jewel in the rough

4157 NA is an amber bulb meant for a clear housing and 4157 is clear bulb made for Amber housing.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:15 PM   #96
Oregon State Edition
JRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JRGMann's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPhaze777 View Post
4157 NA is an amber bulb meant for a clear housing and 4157 is clear bulb made for Amber housing.
I tried to install LED amber 4157 in the front turn signals, but it blew a fuse... Any reason that happened?
Old 09-22-2014, 08:27 PM   #97

Any resistors for aftermarket wiring?if you just pulled out the one and threw in the other stock style it shouldn't be a problem except for hyper flash, LEDs pull less power than incandescent bulbs so that's weird.

Sorry man, sounds like you're having alittle run of bad luck with electrical mods lol
Someone else may be able to chime in more
Old 09-22-2014, 08:30 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonsbrady5 View Post
There may be a better thread for this but this was the most broad. I did the simple DRL mod the other day (by tapping parking lights and running to front turn signals). I really want my whole front end to run in white led. I hate amber. My question is will the switchbacks work properly (run white flash amber) with the DRL mod? or am I out of luck unless I buy the relay and flasher?
Think you're out of luck as our trucks don't use a pull able flasher to compensate for hyper flash, you'll probably have to do it the relay/ resistor way
Old 09-22-2014, 08:52 PM   #99
Oregon State Edition

JRGMann's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPhaze777 View Post
Any resistors for aftermarket wiring?if you just pulled out the one and threw in the other stock style it shouldn't be a problem except for hyper flash, LEDs pull less power than incandescent bulbs so that's weird.

Sorry man, sounds like you're having alittle run of bad luck with electrical mods lol
Someone else may be able to chime in more
Haha seriously... No resistors. I wanted to see if it would hyper blink or not, but I couldn't even get it to light up since it blew a fuse. Only aftermarket thing on it is the cheap DTRL mod where you splice into the corner lights...
But yeah since LEDS draw less power I was surprised it blew a fuse
Old 09-22-2014, 09:42 PM   #100

I'm stumped

Products Discussed in this Thread