Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

HOW TO: Tinting tail lights, The right way (PICS)

Old 04-01-2010, 09:09 PM   #21
I like ze best!
Rhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rhino8541's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice write up!
Old 04-01-2010, 09:15 PM   #22
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Great write up, they turned out awesome!
Old 04-01-2010, 11:25 PM   #23
WATacoRider is a jewel in the roughWATacoRider is a jewel in the roughWATacoRider is a jewel in the roughWATacoRider is a jewel in the rough
WATacoRider's Tacoma Gallery
looks good, but now how well will the finish hold up? Do you have to keep polishng/waxing it every so often?
Old 04-02-2010, 12:54 AM   #24
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodiddly33 View Post
BTW can you let us know if they cure any darker over time?

Thanks and Yes I will keep you guys posted.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:56 AM   #25
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada View Post
too bad you are across the country, you could do mine. Nice work!

Actually I might be gettin my hands on some extra tail lights. I would be able to do them and ship em.

I'll let you know if I get the extras.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:59 AM   #26
Victory is reserved...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeith747 View Post
Nice writeup! Lights look stealthy! Is that a '92 Mustang in the background...if so, post pics...sweetest body styling of all the stangs (imo)!
Thanks.

Lmao you are spot on yes its my bros 92, I have an 83 coupe....a bit faster lol.
I even thought to myself if anyone would spot the reflection in the tailgate lol
Old 04-02-2010, 01:01 AM   #27
Victory is reserved...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunk View Post
FRIGGIN SAH-WWWEEEEET! I have been wondering how the process went. You did a great job. I'm definitely doing this mod next!
DO IT! you'll like the look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATacoRider View Post
looks good, but now how well will the finish hold up? Do you have to keep polishng/waxing it every so often?
Thanks.
As for how it will hold up, I'm sure it will last since the wax helps seal it but if anything turns up I'll be sure to let you guys know.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:35 AM   #28
Ric'sTaco is on a distinguished road

Air Force: AMMO
Name: Rick
Ric'sTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Great post! I was just too lazy and settled for Blacked out ones off ebay. +1 Rep. Keep up the great work!
Old 04-02-2010, 05:39 AM   #29
HoofHearted
HARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: McLovin
HARDSHELLTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Great Job, Now do a write up on the swirley license plate mod.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:33 PM   #30
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Do you know how dark is TOO dark here in CA?
Did you just do 3 coats?
and...
Have you had any problems with the popo's?
Old 04-02-2010, 02:42 PM   #31
Victory is reserved...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDSHELLTACO View Post
Great Job, Now do a write up on the swirley license plate mod.
Thanks man, about the license plate mod....if i told you I would have to kill you

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
Do you know how dark is TOO dark here in CA?
Did you just do 3 coats?
and...
Have you had any problems with the popo's?
yea just 3 coats gave me this tint, but I think it will vary on how far you hold the can from the lights.

And no, no problems from the fuzz here in Cali. I've even had a couple sheriff's and PD behind me and nothing.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:51 PM   #32
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
alright cool.
Its on my list of things to do now.
Good write up!
Old 04-02-2010, 02:54 PM   #33
I come from a long line of Conga dancers.
Natetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to all

Name: Nate
Natetroknot's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like I found a project for the holiday weekend, thanks for the write-up!

Is the VHT Nite Shades available at most parts stores?
Old 04-02-2010, 02:59 PM   #34
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery

I did roughly the same method
Old 04-02-2010, 03:02 PM   #35
Victory is reserved...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natetroknot View Post
Looks like I found a project for the holiday weekend, thanks for the write-up!

Is the VHT Nite Shades available at most parts stores?

The VHT should be able to be found at most auto parts stores, here in cali i had to do some searching and I found it at a specialty shop called Above & Beyond.

Have Fun!
Old 04-02-2010, 03:03 PM   #36
Victory is reserved...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post

I did roughly the same method
Cool, have yours been holding up to the elements?
Old 04-02-2010, 05:29 PM   #37
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
hey on the night shades can, does it say what temp to do it in?
Im bored, on spring break and its raining. and i need a project.

So...is it alright to use the night shades when its around 55 degrees?
Old 04-02-2010, 05:33 PM   #38
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THExBUSxDRIVER View Post
Cool, have yours been holding up to the elements?
I've got a few chips and whatnot, but nothing noticeable. Mine were too dark and still are, I think. Oh well.

Old 04-02-2010, 05:43 PM   #39
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
anything on the temp to use the night shades at?
Old 04-02-2010, 07:22 PM   #40
The Gunny
TexasToyo is on a distinguished road

Marines: The Gunny
Name: Alonso
TexasToyo's Tacoma Gallery
good write up, on my things to do now!!