1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ddm tuning

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by jnix7, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Apr 2, 2010 at 10:10 AM
    jnix7

jnix7 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Cleburne, Texas
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD Auto
    Billies set @ 1.75 BHLM, Fog light mod, 2 Hella 500ff's behind front grill. ddm 35w 5000 headlights and 35 w 4500 fog lights Grillcraft mx upper and lowers
    Did lots of research on here for hid kits and decided to go with ddm tuning. Ordered the high/low and fog light raptor kits on tuesday night. Ive been watching the ship ticker on their website and they had a notice saying their servers were being worked on so it might not be up to date. Called them this morning and 1st time was put on hold for 9 minutes and hung up and called back. Was directed to internet sales and was put on hold for 5 minutes. The rep then told me they were very busy and that my order was still in processing and that it should leave their warehouse tues or wed of next week. I paid extra for the 2 day shipping option. He said i was looking at next weekend before i got my lights. I told him to cancel my order and he replied ,wont post on your card for 4-5 days and hung up. Are my expectations out of proportion or did i get shitty service from what i understood to be a reputable dealer? Sorry so long

2. Apr 2, 2010 at 10:12 AM
    mwild

mwild I CANT SPELL SO DONT BITCH

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vernon, NJ
    Vehicle:
    03 2500 Dodge Ram
    Cat-Back, weather techs, ipod and sisuis Old 04 Taco: 5100s At all 4 corners set at 2.5", Toyotec AAL, Gibson cat-back, Deck plate mod, 20% Tint on fronts, 10" Kicker Comp sub, Sirius radio, Bud Built Skid, Pro Comp 8069 Wheels
    Yea that is BS

3. Apr 2, 2010 at 10:15 AM
    TacoTron

TacoTron Tacotronn

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Toyota Tacoma
    BS to the fullest man thats effed up customer service for sure

4. Apr 2, 2010 at 1:47 PM
    woods247

woods247 Well-Known Member

Member:
    back yonder
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport Double Cab 4x4
    SAWs front, Fox resi rear, Total Chaos UCAs, 17" BBS RD-Truck FJ Rims with 255 BFG KM2s, TRD exhaust/intake, OME Springs, All-Pro flip kit, Timbren rear bumpstops, custom spare carrier, All-Pro skids, Beefed Sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Warn M8000 w/Synth MasterPull line, Procomp 30" LED lightbar, Bestop Soft topper, Safari Snorkel, CBI Bushmaster (custom), Baja Racks Utility rack, All Pro custom bed rack, Leer 100XQ
    Weird I f'd my orders up and they were extremely easy to deal with. I think I spoke with Jessica??? I've bought several kits from them and it usually takes a week to ship. I did receive one bad slim ballast but they took care of it without any trouble. They also sent me a coule of H10 connectors for free. Maybe the dude you got had a rough day.

5. Apr 2, 2010 at 1:50 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    I've heard nothing but complaints about them from people tryin to call and talk to someone. I ordered from them and got my lights a week later and there are lots of members on here that have lights from them too. Your paying for cheap lights and with the cheap price you dont get customer service.
    If you went with the slimm cubby lights you would get good lights and great customer service :D

6. Apr 2, 2010 at 1:55 PM
    uood8

uood8 If You Search...You Shall Find.

Member:
    Greensboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    '16 Sr5 4x4 DCSB
    Pretty much stock
    i ordered from them, i always went through their customer service contact on the website, they usually emailed me back within 4 hours. They have a facebook page also, send a message to them on there and explain your situation, they guy that runs it will call you. Normally their orders are backed up due to demand and it takes them a week to ship the lights.

BTW, you paid for 2day SHIPPING...not handling/order processing. I've never heard of anyone not getting their orders from DDM, but they are not the quickest at getting the product out. I used USPS shipping with them, they shipped on a monday and i recieved on a wednesday...cross country. BUT it did take them about a week to actually ship my lights.

7. Apr 2, 2010 at 2:01 PM
    rcbs204

rcbs204 Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    The Raptor kits are nothing but trouble, i have owned two and both ballasts have failed. DDM tuning is great as long as you buy the stuff that has the lifetime warranty. I have replaced all my Raptor kits with the lifetime warranty ones and have had no problems since. I would call them back and upgrade otherwise you are in for another disappointment!
    I am a Electrical Engineer and took apart the failed ballasts, and they are complete junk. They were completely toast when i opened them up.

Just sayin!

Goodluck.

8. Apr 2, 2010 at 2:02 PM
    Viet2100

Viet2100 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Viet
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    2016 Prius 4T
    Bingo.