LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

DTRL toggle switch mod (stealth mode)

Old 05-15-2013, 04:51 PM   #141
Greenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Greenbergler's Tacoma Gallery
This still won't let me have them on with my headlights??
Old 05-20-2013, 05:06 AM   #142
cdelgado14 is on a distinguished road
cdelgado14's Tacoma Gallery
Nice
Old 07-19-2013, 10:25 PM   #143
raymond5711 is on a distinguished road

Army: Infantry Platoon Sergeant
Name: Raymond
raymond5711's Tacoma Gallery
I just cut that green/red wire and did not install the switch and tested everything, and it works. No more DTRL
Old 08-26-2013, 12:39 PM   #144
Oregon Edition
RAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
SUCCESS!!!!

Got under dash, unplugged white plug, cut green/red wire, electrician taped off cut ends, plugged back in, NO MORE DTRL'S

Thanks OP
Old 04-01-2014, 12:38 PM   #147
doughboy has a spectacular aura aboutdoughboy has a spectacular aura about
doughboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyoda View Post
Sorry for the confusion. I was trying to say I took out my electric test light and crawled underneath the dash, found the harness, etc. and that's where I got confused.

The reason I was confused is that the green/red wire, the one you said to cut, never had any electricity going to it so I didn't see what snipping it would accomplish. the wire next to it, being black/red, DID have electricity. when the lights were on it didn't, when they were off (and therefore the DTRL were on) it did have electricity. It also had electricity going to it (and flashing) when the blinkers were on. I knew I'd found the wire going to the DTRL/blinkers, but I also kew if I cut it I'd be cutting that light off completely and wouldn't have my turn signal.
I too want to know what the drl line exactly does. I realize this is not an engineering forum so I don't expect people to question how things work and just simply accept things as is. But I'm sure there are quite a few other curious minds out there.

I need to borrow a 12 pin flasher to reverse engineer this.

see my other thread
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...-ecu-work.html

I took your test one step further and used an oscilloscope. I only get really low voltage readings (I think these are just noise) when I examine the drl line.

this is with headlights off

this is with headlights on

the voltage level is less than 0.5v, so I can't say for sure these are actual signals and not just noise.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:46 AM   #148
Can't re-MEMBER
ZEROPILOT is on a distinguished road

Name: ED
ZEROPILOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPR View Post
SUCCESS!!!!

Got under dash, unplugged white plug, cut green/red wire, electrician taped off cut ends, plugged back in, NO MORE DTRL'S

Thanks OP
+1 The end of a nightmare.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:53 PM   #149
doughboy has a spectacular aura aboutdoughboy has a spectacular aura about
doughboy's Tacoma Gallery
I figured out the answer to how the drl line works.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...ml#post8480845