Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

NEON TRD in center console :or: "way too much time on my hands!"

Old 04-05-2010, 06:12 PM   #1
TOYWERX Grill Sergeant
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Lightbulb NEON TRD in center console :or: "way too much time on my hands!"

I took a week off from work & decided to use some leftover goodies in my garage... Years back I had bought these add-on neon wire lights & never installed all of them on my previous Gen 1 Taco... I had 6' of purple & 6' of blue neon. The purple's transformer would not work, but the blue lit right up when I plugged it in to the 12V outlet....
Here's what I did with it:

Here's a shot with the flash on:

Is this too much???
I thought it would be different at least, & I have not seen anyone else post something like this...
Thoughts???
Thank you,
(p.s. if enough of you dig it I'd be happy to post a how to...)
(additional p.s. - this does a great job illuminating the inside of the console....)
Old 04-05-2010, 06:22 PM   #2
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
Thumbs down

I'll be honest.

Old 04-06-2010, 03:53 AM   #5
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Put it accross the top of the windshield and make it come on with parking lights.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:54 AM   #6
Sparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Sparky4.0's Tacoma Gallery
looks cool but you have way to much time on your hands imho
Old 04-06-2010, 03:54 AM   #7
Sparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Sparky4.0's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Put it accross the top of the windshield and make it come on with parking lights.
sounds cool. but then you would have wayyyy to much time on ya hands
Old 04-06-2010, 05:27 AM   #8
zimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant future

zimm52's Tacoma Gallery
If you like it, thats all that matters. its your truck!
Old 04-06-2010, 05:32 AM   #9
Love the Tick!
Gingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to all

Name: G
Gingrbredman's Tacoma Gallery
I like it. You have it in the center console, so you can show it off if you want to. Its not like its flashing like a vacancy sign in a cheap motel. Plus, you probably just wanted to do something with the truck, and you got exactly that.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:38 AM   #10
v.hey its my Avatar avatar.v
ak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ak47's Tacoma Gallery
not bad.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:39 AM   #11
Taco.Tim is on a distinguished road

Name: Tim
Taco.Tim's Tacoma Gallery
Looks kind of neat. Too much time? Maybe, but it was something you enjoyed. More power to you.

Tim
Old 04-06-2010, 05:43 AM   #12
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I think its kinda neat. as mentioned above, you wanted to do something to your truck and thats exactly what you did. Sometimes it just feels good to work on them
Old 04-06-2010, 05:46 AM   #13
Banned
ShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Forward Observer
Name: Casey
ShaShasBoo's Tacoma Gallery
I believe it's the beginning of a great idea, just not the right idea.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:58 PM   #15
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Nope
Old 04-06-2010, 03:10 PM   #16
Today I Will!!!!
mcampos0 is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
mcampos0's Tacoma Gallery
Its Creative.. And it opens a bunch of possibilites good work A+
Old 04-06-2010, 03:13 PM   #17
centraltaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedcentraltaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedcentraltaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedcentraltaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedcentraltaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedcentraltaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedcentraltaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedcentraltaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedcentraltaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedcentraltaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedcentraltaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

centraltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Way Way too much time on your hands. lol but if you like it cool
Old 04-06-2010, 03:36 PM   #18
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
I dunno... good color, came out well. Looks like you did a good job with it.

I do kind of think though that folks with TRD-labeled accessories are a bit too into the "brand," but that's not aimed at you specifically. I can't see myself doing "TRD" but I do like the idea of using the flourescent lighting.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:47 PM   #19
White Tank
SkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
SkyHighTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I dont like it. But your truck if you like it keep it! Our opinon doesnt matter.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:03 PM   #20
Oregon Edition
RAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
I have a green underbody neon kit on mine. I must have too much time on my hands too.