Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Turn Signal Off Reminder

Old 04-06-2010, 05:52 AM   #1
mcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mcgiiver's Tacoma Gallery
Turn Signal Off Reminder

Any ideas how to make a turn signal off reminder buzzer or beeper. I have my Scan Gauge mounted where it blocked the dash indicators for the signals, so I would like an audio reminder. I am thinking about a piezo buzzer from Radio Shack, but don't know quite where to hook it up to. Any ideas?
Old 04-06-2010, 03:26 PM   #2
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, but it is not easy. It would be a hell of a lot easier to just move the scan gauge.

If you're unwilling to do that, then you would need a set of buzzers. You would have to splice one buzzer into the right turn signal wire and the other buzzer into the left turn signal wire.

Specifically you would be tapping into the wire that sends the signal to light each turn signal lamp on your dash.

This method would be necessary to avoid the complication that DTRL presents us with.

DTRL provides us with two modes of operation. For example.

Daytime: Lowbeams off = DTRL = ON (constantly)
Nighttime: lowbeams on = DTRL = OFF.

Also, using LED's instead of a buzzer would probably be a better solution.

Attached is the wiring diagram for the 2007. It is not identical to the 2009's but it should give you a good idea.

Also, the turn signal flasher relay is accessible from under the driver side dash it is attached to the body ECU/fuse block. It is the closest relay to the steering column.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 134-137.pdf (35.2 KB, 95 views)
Old 04-07-2010, 09:14 PM   #3
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
if you do the buzzer thing, think about this...every time you signal you will hear that thing...im guessing it will get old real quick!!
Old 04-21-2010, 04:59 PM   #4
mcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh2000 View Post
if you do the buzzer thing, think about this...every time you signal you will hear that thing...im guessing it will get old real quick!!
That's exactly what I want, to hear it everytime the turn signal is on.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:02 PM   #5
Facial bones colapse as I crack your skull in half
WTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
WTtoolman's Tacoma Gallery
Don't do it!!
Old 04-21-2010, 05:03 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgiiver View Post
so I would like an audio reminder.
You mean like that clicking noise that it already makes?
Old 04-21-2010, 05:06 PM   #7
Retrofit Club!
lookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
lookylookitzadam's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
You mean like that clicking noise that it already makes?
exactly what I thought.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:04 AM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTtoolman View Post
Don't do it!!
I have installed it on my motorcycle also. its especially helpful with a helmet and ear plugs on. I frankly don't care who it annoys as long as it helps me drive safer.

The relay clicking noise on my 2009 truck is not loud enough to notice, especially over the radio. My older truck was better, in fact I think they made that clicker loud on purpose.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:08 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Where is your scangauge? I have mine mounted on the steering column and I can still see the blinkers.... I'm 5'6"
Is your steering column the whole way up? (you must be tall ?)

I have mine mounted in the same place, but I am 5'7" but run my steering wheel all the way up and move it depending on my seating position. The buzzer works great, even w/o the scan gauge , I forgot to shut off the turn signal many times.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:22 PM   #11
Suroit is on a distinguished road

Army: 3 ASG MSE OPERATOR
Name: Jack
Suroit's Tacoma Gallery
you don't need 2 buzzer... use the same one... too easy ... i have one buzzer in my Tractor Trailer..... and in most of all Tractor Trailer...
Old 04-22-2010, 05:58 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suroit View Post
you don't need 2 buzzer... use the same one... too easy ... i have one buzzer in my Tractor Trailer..... and in most of all Tractor Trailer...
That's right, one buzzer, two diodes.