1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mounting fog light HID ballasts..

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by TacM31, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Apr 6, 2010 at 8:22 PM
    TacM31

TacM31 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    '05 PreRunner Lifted
    6" Pro Comp Lift, aFe Magnum Force Intake, ATS Running Boards, Viper Alarm and Remote Start, RBP Grille, Custom Leather Seats, Flowmaster Super 44, Halo Projector Headlights, HIDs, Debadged, Aries Bull Bar, Bumper Plugs, 21" Stubby Antenna, Fog Lights Anytime Mod, Blacked Out Tacoma Badges
    I've had my HIDs for a couple months now and love them but the ballasts for the HIDs in the fog lights keep falling off.. Its not a problem because they just sit in the bottom of the bumper but that's ghetto and I need to fix it haha. I've used the double sided stick tape and the velcro and both have fallen off. I was wondering if anyone had a good place to mount them or a better way of mounting them so i can fix this problem?

2. Apr 6, 2010 at 8:24 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Epoxy?? Self Tapping screws??

3. Apr 6, 2010 at 8:29 PM
    Dellosa89

Dellosa89 Love peace and Taco Grease

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Murrieta CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner TRD Off Road
    Fox 2.5 Coilovers, Camburg 1.25" UCA's, Icon RR, Icon aal,EVS foam bump stops, Borla Catback, HID Headlights and fogs, Defiant light bar, 3 hella 700 hid, Satellite Radio, Sony hu with 10'' sub, custom jetski rack, TRD seat covers, secondary air filter removed.
    Zip ties are your answer. Their is a plastic support under the top of the bumper the run along most of it. i have my fogs and offroad light ballst mounted on it, just stick a couple zip ties between the support and the bumper and zip the ballst in. I have many offroad miles on them without any problems.

Here is want the support looks like.
    [​IMG]

4. Apr 6, 2010 at 8:35 PM
    brutalguyracing

brutalguyracing BIG DADDY

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
    i used the 3m hook n loop strips from radioshack or ace hardware ...just clean everything with alcholl first and i mounted mine to the side of the battery and the other on the inner fender wall behind the washer fuild holder......

5. Apr 6, 2010 at 8:56 PM
    Viet2100

Viet2100 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Viet
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    2016 Prius 4T
    Are you cleaning the surfaces before you use double-sided tape or velcro?

6. Apr 7, 2010 at 2:55 AM
    GQJET

GQJET Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    X-Runner
    DTRL, BHLM, URD SS, URD TCAI
    Mount then on top of the aluminum bumper supports

7. Apr 7, 2010 at 3:27 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    I mounted mine inside the radiator support on each side ziptied thru existing holes in support with a piece of insulating foam for water pipes between ballast and metal of radiator support. Near bottom of washer fluid bottle on one side and near bottom of battery on the other side. I check it every so often and still in place. I also blocked off the vent openings on the passenger side fender well liner with a panel I cut out of a cheap black wastebasket from Walmart to block water and mud being thrown on the backside of the fog light since it's right there where it catches all that.

Products Discussed in

To Top