Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

LED Dome lighting

Old 04-08-2010, 04:28 PM   #1
Minimum Wage!
cdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
cdikkers's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cdikkers Send a message via Yahoo to cdikkers Send a message via Skype™ to cdikkers
LED Dome lighting

I am wanting to replace my stock dome light with a cool white or straight up blue LED light. Does anyone know if superbrightleds.com has one that fits this bill? If not, can you make any suggestions on one that you've had good luck or bad luck with so I know what to get and what to throw back in people's faces? (I'm not violent, I just hate things that don't deliver on promises) Appreciate the input...
Old 04-08-2010, 09:01 PM   #3
Minimum Wage!
cdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Send a message via AIM to cdikkers Send a message via Yahoo to cdikkers Send a message via Skype™ to cdikkers
Appreciate it...I haven't quite decided if I want to go that extreme, but I could see myself eventually talking myself into it...
Old 04-09-2010, 12:29 AM   #4
LIVESTRONG
Bullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bullzi511Tacoma06's Tacoma Gallery
I've got the one whippersnapper02 suggested, it works awesome. Very easy install and a good price.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:43 AM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdikkers View Post
Appreciate it...I haven't quite decided if I want to go that extreme, but I could see myself eventually talking myself into it...
$10 isn't too extreme and you can always yank it out if you don't like it. I haven't got one yet but I will.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:48 AM   #6
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
I bought this universal kit and worked it into my truck's wiring. My dome light housing went away a long time ago but I was still able to tie it into the truck's wiring.

http://www.amazon.com/Putco-980116-U...=pd_sim_auto_1

Comes with pretty much any connector you'd need and the LEDs even work with the auto dimming feature that the truck has when the light go on and off.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:36 AM   #7
The Duck
Duck760 has much to be proud ofDuck760 has much to be proud ofDuck760 has much to be proud ofDuck760 has much to be proud ofDuck760 has much to be proud ofDuck760 has much to be proud ofDuck760 has much to be proud ofDuck760 has much to be proud ofDuck760 has much to be proud ofDuck760 has much to be proud of

Duck760's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.oznium.com/rigid-5mm-led-dome

Get the large size... It comes in 3 to 5 days and the connection fits perfect
Old 04-09-2010, 09:49 AM   #8
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck760 View Post
http://www.oznium.com/rigid-5mm-led-dome

Get the large size... It comes in 3 to 5 days and the connection fits perfect
Hey how does this one hook up in the dome?
Any pics? and im guessing that its A LOT brighter than the ones from superbrightleds.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:58 AM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
Hey how does this one hook up in the dome?
Any pics? and im guessing that its A LOT brighter than the ones from superbrightleds.
How to Install
1. Pop off the plastic dome or map light lens.
2. Pull out the old bulb.
3. Find the matching connector (we include 7 common sizes).
4. Plug it in, fit the new LED dome light in place, and put the lens back on.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:09 PM   #10
Minimum Wage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
$10 isn't too extreme and you can always yank it out if you don't like it. I haven't got one yet but I will.
I was meaning more in regards to extreme light output, but then again flashless photography makes everything look brighter. I'll make a decision hopefully soon. Thanks for the input.