Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Fog Light HIDs

Old 04-09-2010, 09:26 AM   #1
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Fog Light HIDs

My hid fog light have worked perfectly for a little under a year, now not so much.

They turn on but after around 3 secs they start to flicker for 4-5 secs and then shut off entirely. It's the same problem everytime.

Any ideas?
Old 04-09-2010, 09:59 AM   #2
The New Guy
Fuzzyman81 is just really niceFuzzyman81 is just really niceFuzzyman81 is just really niceFuzzyman81 is just really nice

Fuzzyman81's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Fuzzyman81
Sounds like a problem with the ballast. I'm no expert, but I know for other lights I have used in the past with ballasts, that's the reaction when they are starting to go bad
Old 04-09-2010, 11:01 AM   #3
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Could be the ballast or bulb. Are you still under warranty?
Old 04-09-2010, 12:12 PM   #4
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Got them through the group buy. Does he warranty? I had had them for a little under a year I just remembered when I got them.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:45 PM   #5
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
Got them through the group buy. Does he warranty? I had had them for a little under a year I just remembered when I got them.
If you are under warranty, have them replace it for you. No need to spend more $$.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:59 PM   #6
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
I made the purchase on April 2, 2009. I'm a week out of warranty. FML!!!

I really hope he will help me out I sent him a PM.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:07 PM   #7
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
are they the ddm ones????
Old 04-09-2010, 01:11 PM   #8
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
are they the ddm ones????
No they are from the group buy that is going on now. They have worked great and I still would recommend them for sure. I bet mine just went for some reason.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:31 PM   #10
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
I need to give him a ballast manufacturing date I think. Which doesn't really matter because I'm already out of warranty and the ballasts will of course be way before that.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:38 PM   #11
C_Teachout is on a distinguished road
C_Teachout's Tacoma Gallery
had the same problem, not with the group buy but with my HID's. Its the bulbs. Im pretty sure I just got cheap bulbs and they didnt last long. Im also very careful never to touch the bulbs with my hands but thats another thing that will cause it.