Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Fog Lamp mod + 65w fog bulbs

Old 04-10-2010, 10:53 AM   #1
Banned
Isthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Isthatahemi's Tacoma Gallery
Fog Lamp mod + 65w fog bulbs

I have been very impressed with the bright headlights on my 09 and '10 Taco. Low and high beams rock. The fog lights though, are weak, and shut off with the brights, which is stupid.
Anyhow, I started off doing the fog light anytime mod, and then added regular sylvania 9005 bulbs (65W) to the replace the 9145's (42W) that come stock. The new bulbs throw light right to where the high beams start, and the fogs light up the edge of the road really well. It lights up the highway incredibly. I know a lot of guys say go HID's, Functionally I think the above mod is best for me. One aspect of light that is important to me, is in the heavy rain and snow, a higher temp bulb / with bluish light, gets reflected back, causing worse visibility. Also, all my bulbs should last the usual 5 years or so, and the bulbs were $10 a piece at wal-mart. One note, the 9005's don't just pop in, it takes a few minutes for wiggling, and twisting for them to pop in, but a little patience will do it. There is no need to trim the tabs though.