Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

HID smoked fogs

Old 04-14-2010, 08:23 AM   #2
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
smoking your lense then adding HIDs in there...you know thats really an oxymoron right...

if you really mean to smoke the lense so that less light will pass through, then install HIDs which will just scatter everywhere, then i think that kit is pretty muhc as cheap as you will get. the only other option is pick up one of those cheap, unrealiable HID kits and then use the nightshades or whatever guys smoke the OEM lenses w/ ....
Old 04-14-2010, 08:32 AM   #3
SUPERCHARGED!!!
gusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Greg
gusher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh2000 View Post
smoking your lense then adding HIDs in there...you know thats really an oxymoron right...

if you really mean to smoke the lense so that less light will pass through, then install HIDs which will just scatter everywhere, then i think that kit is pretty muhc as cheap as you will get. the only other option is pick up one of those cheap, unrealiable HID kits and then use the nightshades or whatever guys smoke the OEM lenses w/ ....
OK...here's my thinking (now, preface this with my old saying "No use being Polish if you can't show it once in a while")...

I like the look of the front of my truck with everything being blacked out including the BHLM but was thinking of doing something with my fogs. I was gonna just smoke them some but do use them and don't want the light output to be so muted that they aren't functional. So I was thinking of upgrading to HIDs and then smoking them which I figured would give me at least what I have now but with the look I want. Saw that eBay kit and was thinking that may be the ticket. Make sense???
Old 04-14-2010, 09:08 AM   #4
black_magic2010 is on a distinguished road

Army: 644th Transcompany/1st I.D.
black_magic2010's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like the chrome behind the lens is smoked. The lens looks really clear even if its smoked. The HID kit is kind of old though, they should have included a slim ballast. But other than that its not bad for the price IMO. I don't see a drastic reduction in light output.