Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Shift console light question

Old 04-15-2010, 04:25 AM   #1
Marshall is on a distinguished road
Marshall's Tacoma Gallery
Shift console light question

2010 tacoma 4x4 auto access cab. Is the console indicator next to the shift suppose to have a light to show if you are in park rev drive. I went to the local dealer and he said there is no light in there. He did say maybe the trd has it. Can't get a sure answer.
Could someone with the same truck please give me the answer. Thanks
Old 04-15-2010, 04:48 AM   #2
Firetech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ralph
Firetech's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2010 AC off road TRD and it does have the lighted shift indicator.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:35 AM   #3
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Mine lights up but it doesn't matter to me. I don't look down to shift I look at the gauge cluster. Plus, it becomes second nature after awhile with the gated shifter.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:02 AM   #4
I just want know if it is supose to light. If so I am getting it fixed. Anyone with the same truck non trd 4x4 that could help. Thanks
Old 04-15-2010, 10:04 AM   #5
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
yes, it does have a little light in there
Old 04-15-2010, 10:28 AM   #6
Watching Chris4x4 o.O
borderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Navy: Leading seaman, Electrical Technician, CFFS(E), Pacific Fleet
Name: Jeremy
borderbrat's Tacoma Gallery
if you can grab onto the front of the shifter piece where the textured bit meets the normal gray plastic and pull up firmly. then you need to take the top off the shifter assembly 4 little tabs the bulb is in there. Take a look.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:19 AM   #7
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
2010 tacoma 4x4 auto access cab. Is the console indicator next to the shift suppose to have a light to show if you are in park rev drive. I went to the local dealer and he said there is no light in there. He did say maybe the trd has it. Can't get a sure answer.
Could someone with the same truck please give me the answer. Thanks
It is supposed to light, but only with the lights on. It does not however light up individual parts to indicate the gear you are in. It only lights the whole thing at night so you can see it.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:10 PM   #8
Thanks. I was able to open it up and there is a bulb. Wait till I get to the dealership when they call me about my spring tsb that I am still waiting on. I am going to let them hear it about the false info they are giving out. Thanks again.