Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Kragen HID pics

Old 04-16-2010, 10:10 PM   #1
sooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nice
sooner02r1's Tacoma Gallery
Kragen HID pics

Took some pics of my Kragen HID offroad lights. I've had them for about a year almost but just now getting some decent pictures. I'm running 4 of them, 2 are flood beam and 2 are pencil beam. They are the brightest lights I've ever seen in person. They blow away 4 Hella 4000 100w halogens.

The lights:

Lit up:

Headlights only:

Kragens:

Headlights only:

Kragens:

Outside truck. Headlights only:

Kragens:

Old 04-16-2010, 10:21 PM   #2
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
Wow those are bright! I have heard nothing but good things about these lights. Where did you find the pencil beam HID's?
Old 04-16-2010, 10:22 PM   #3
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
HOLY CRAP. those hurt my eyes even in the pictures. I might do these when i get a light bar, how much did they run if you dont mind me asking?
Old 04-17-2010, 12:48 AM   #4
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Let there be light!
Old 04-17-2010, 12:43 PM   #6
lilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to behold

lilgerber's Tacoma Gallery
i did'nt know they offered different beams? i believe they are around like 140$ a piece .. OTD = ??
Old 04-17-2010, 09:29 PM   #7
Mountainman has a spectacular aura aboutMountainman has a spectacular aura aboutMountainman has a spectacular aura about

Name: Matt
Mountainman's Tacoma Gallery
sidebysidesports.com has them at 114 a piece. Thats where i got mine, they're great but after some mild wheeling mine broke at the mounts, and the reflectors rotated freely in the housing, making the light pattern look pretty strange.
Just bought some Hella 4000 compacts that i'm going to retro Hid's for $203 for two of them, free shipping, using coupon Welcome15 at Streetsideauto.com...Food for thought. Btw op...truck and lights look sick.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:43 AM   #8
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Yes... any prolonged off roading can break the plastic housing... it is just ABS plastic. Both my Kragen HIDs broke on their second Baja trip... Repaired them with fiberglass, but for Father's Day I was given a pair of Hella 4000 Metal racing lamps and replaced the cracked Kragens.

KRAGENS:

HELLAS:

STOCK HIGH BEAMS:

HELLA 4000 100 watt halogen PENCIL BEAMS:

STOCK:

HELLAS:
Old 04-18-2010, 01:05 PM   #9
lilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to behold

i was looking at purchasing the kargens in the future but you guys are scaring me out of it if they are going to crack..
Old 04-18-2010, 01:31 PM   #10
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
I would rather get the Hella 4000's or something similar and just convert them myself.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:49 PM   #11

ya, i just like the looks of the kragens and i was going to paint the red ring blue to match truck ,also how the relays and everything is already done housed and water proof.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:02 PM   #12
WTF
1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
my kragens are holding up so far!!!
Old 04-18-2010, 03:04 PM   #13
WTF
1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
my kragens are holding up so far!!!

Old 04-18-2010, 04:11 PM   #14
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
They were nice... but after 50 miles of Baja washboard road the black plastic body cracked above the mounting bolt... on both... just like how they did for Mountainman.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:33 PM   #15
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
They are Nice, but I don't like the fact that they are plastic. I prefer the hella 4000 because they are metal.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:47 PM   #16

do you guys have pictures of the cracks? can you reinforce it maybe?
Old 04-18-2010, 10:34 PM   #17
sooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nice
sooner02r1's Tacoma Gallery
Mine have held up for 1+ years, but they dang sure haven't been to Baja, haha. I got the pencil beams from www.hidfoglight.com. They have a different trim ring but they're the same light. www.trailglow.com also sells the pencil beam. Used them all weekend driving down to west Texas at night in the rain, it was like daytime with them on. Can't say enough good things about them.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:39 PM   #18

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgerber View Post
do you guys have pictures of the cracks? can you reinforce it maybe?
They got repaired with fiberglass, so too late to show you the crack, but it was about 2"-3" long, on the bottom and headed up one side.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:57 PM   #19
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
there are some people that run their trucks hard with these lights and they have held up just fine so far. thats what you get with them being made in china. some are good, some suck.

i picked up 3 for a cheap deal on race dez and once i get my truck back on friday from getting a bumper built, i'll install them and post up some pics. hopefully i got some "good ones" and they hold up.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:08 PM   #20
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
i was planning on running these lights too, but have seen a couple of them crack and break off while goin through the whoops...

like David's luck with them in Baja, the Mojave hasn't been too nice to them either...

aside from that, they are a great alternative for cutting through darkness...