Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

1st Gen Taco Wanting to remove DTRL

Old 04-21-2010, 08:03 PM   #1
Thrawn is a glorious beacon of lightThrawn is a glorious beacon of lightThrawn is a glorious beacon of lightThrawn is a glorious beacon of lightThrawn is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Anton
Thrawn's Tacoma Gallery
1st Gen Taco Wanting to remove DTRL

So heres the deal,

2003 American Tacoma, purchased by lady in canada, lady in canada where i live sold it to me because she was wealthy and had to many vehicles. Wish i had that problem......

Anyways, DTRL mod installed on the truck im guessing when they inspection was done by her. DTRL mod is bothering me (ive been bothered by it for 2 years now) because it just causes the head lights to be on full power during the day. Truly annoying...... the cost of replacing bulbs twice as fast as usual. Id like to remove the mod.

Im trying to gather some info of what is typically done to achieve the head lights being on no matter what. Is it a relay modual? are wires just spliced at certain locations? How do they do the DTRL mod on a 1st gen taco?
Any help is much appreciated! I want to return it to the way it was when it resided in Arizona. Thanks!

I'll try and get some pictures up.