LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

hids in fog lights problem

Old 04-26-2010, 05:30 PM   #5
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Should have gone DDM! Half the price and mine worked
Old 04-26-2010, 05:31 PM   #7
eskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud of

eskamo23's Tacoma Gallery
i know u have checked everything but maybe the harnesses are pluged in wrong... when i first turned my fogs on, drivers side fired right up and the pass. one lagged. then when i went to turn them on again the pass. side wouldnt turn on then all of a sudden it started working fine again. im thinkin the ballasts just need to warm up and get used to being used. have you turned them on and just let them sit for awhile before turning them on and off, on and off? im new to this whole HID thing also.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:33 PM   #8
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cars0n` View Post
how do the ballasts get power? directly through the battery or through the stock fog light plug?
u plug the light in to the stock plug!
Old 04-26-2010, 05:34 PM   #9
Yes, I got boost
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
No, you shouldnt need a relay, because there is no hi/lo function to fogs... Just direct current. Did you double check all of your grounds?
Old 04-26-2010, 05:35 PM   #10
Cars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carson
Cars0n`'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Cars0n`
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdered_Out_Taco View Post
u plug the light in to the stock plug!
well im gonna bet thats where the problem is. check the plug and please make sure the fogs were actually switched on. (not being a dick just troubleshooting for ya)
Old 04-26-2010, 05:37 PM   #11
Rand Paul 2016
Chad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
well im gonna bet thats where the problem is. check the plug and please make sure the fogs were actually switched on. (not being a dick just troubleshooting for ya)
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
No, you shouldnt need a relay, because there is no hi/lo function to fogs... Just direct current. Did you double check all of your grounds?
Carsons idea may be the problem, but I bet the grounds aren't there.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:44 PM   #12

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
i know that on the ddm setup its kinda weird because there is just male ends that u stick in the stock plug O and make sure the fog switch is on haha!
Old 04-26-2010, 05:46 PM   #13
Cars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cars0n`'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadmb2003 View Post
Carsons idea may be the problem, but I bet the grounds aren't there.
didnt know there was seprate grounds for this kinda set up? i thought they were all in the connector, they should be this way if it isnt..
Old 04-26-2010, 05:50 PM   #14

Cars0n`'s Tacoma Gallery
i guess i should add, to check this use a electrical meter to check if your getting 12V DC in the fog light plug (on the truck side when its disconnected from the light) by putting the red lead in the plug and the black lead to ground or the other slot in the plug ** if the plug has 2 slots in it. if it only has 1, thats your power and the light is grounded separately. if it has a separate ground your gonna need to ground your HID's separately as well.

edit: i dont know your ability to troubleshoot, so if you have a bit of understanding excuse my in depth phrasing.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:59 PM   #16
eskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud of

eskamo23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
didnt know there was seprate grounds for this kinda set up? i thought they were all in the connector, they should be this way if it isnt..
there are no grounds for the fogs i bet the harnesses are plugged in wrong
Old 04-26-2010, 06:00 PM   #17
Yes, I got boost
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Headlights and fog lights do not run off of the same ground points. Take a picture of your connections included in the kit as well as the connection where power enters into the fog lights. We will get you squared away in a hurry then.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:01 PM   #18

Cars0n`'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.morris89 View Post
just rechecked and even switched everything again and still notta light. Truck is on right now with fog switch turned on. Grounds have to be good cause fogs were working before the install.
fogs are seprate from headlights

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskamo23 View Post
there are no grounds for the fogs i bet the harnesses are plugged in wrong
there has to be grounds for the fogs. it may not be in the connector plug, it may just be grounded to the shell of the light and only one single hot conductor going through that plug or plastic connector
Old 04-26-2010, 06:03 PM   #19
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.morris89 View Post
just rechecked and even switched everything again and still notta light. Truck is on right now with fog switch turned on. Grounds have to be good cause fogs were working before the install.
The setup worked before you installed them? Did you happen to finger up the bulb or bang it around trying to set the bulbs into the housing?