Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

DDM HID Fog Light Install

Old 04-26-2010, 08:10 PM   #1
SoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rand
SoCalR's Tacoma Gallery
DDM HID Fog Light Install

Okay, I've seen a couple threads/post of people installing their DDM HID fogs wrong and I just wanted to show how it should be installed, assuming that you, the reader, has the exact same set up as I do.

I have the 35w Apexcone Raptor Kit in 3000k.

First, you'll want to unplug the blue and black wire harness from the ballast. This is where I've seen people just shove the "male" ends into the factory harness, that's not what you want to do, there's no protection from the weather or its elements. Unplug it, and get rid of the harness.

Here's the factory connector for your fogs. *Note: one on each side

Take the factory connector and plug that into the ballast. *Again, one on each side.

Plug in the other connector from the ballast to the HID bulb and once you've got that all done on both sides, turn them on and double check they're both working. Mount the ballast, clean up wires, and have a beer.

Hopefully this short write-up will help someone out.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:06 AM   #2
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
what about where you mounted the ballasts? can yo get some pics of those.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:09 AM   #3
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
It looks like you took out the head light Y?
Old 05-09-2010, 11:37 PM   #4
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdered_Out_Taco View Post
More room to work with.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:16 AM   #5
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
How to you access the fog lights? Do you have to remove the inner wheel well (several clips and screws)?
Old 05-10-2010, 07:35 PM   #6
SoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rand
SoCalR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
what about where you mounted the ballasts? can yo get some pics of those.
Mine are mounted behind each headlight in the engine bay. I'll get a pic tomorrow when there's more light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdered_Out_Taco View Post
Just like Viet said, more room with them out. And I routed my wiring where the factory fog wiring was, which is behind/underneath the headlights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veccster View Post
How to you access the fog lights? Do you have to remove the inner wheel well (several clips and screws)?
Basically, yes. All I did was unbolt, I believe 2 bolts on the bottom of the fender liner, and fold it back. If you get under there, it's pretty clear what bolts need to be undone.

I can do a thorough write-up if there's that much of a demand, but I think I covered what really needs to be done for the install of DDM's HIDs, and the few other threads out there with descriptions as well. I basically just made this post to correct some of the wiring I was seeing that was being done wrong.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:48 PM   #7
Stanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud of

Stanley's Tacoma Gallery
so from factory connector to the ballast to the bulb. no ground or power source from battery? or is that just for the controller (high/low bulb) on the headlights? im trying to get the slim kit from DDM and what bulb type H10?
Old 03-28-2011, 08:39 PM   #9
SanMarcosTacoma will become famous soon enough
Name: Eric
SanMarcosTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Just got my ddm kit today and installed. Yep h10 bulb and yeah they just use the stock fog light plug into the ballast. Only the hi/low kits have the relay wiring harness. Took me about 20 minutes and yes they are extremely bright. I got the 35w 5000k kit.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:43 PM   #10
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
I never took anything apart when I did mine you can get your hand in there to plug in the new fogs it's just a tight fit. It also helps to turn your wheels out of the way. No removing inner fenderwells in neccasry