Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Need one HID ballast for fog light

Old 04-26-2010, 08:18 PM   #1
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Need one HID ballast for fog light

Where can I buy one HID 35W Slim ballast (Like the one sold in the group buy) for my fog lights? One went out and it's due to a bad ballast is my guess. I'm out of warranty.

Thanks.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:37 PM   #2
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Bump!
Old 04-26-2010, 08:37 PM   #3
outlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FO on the OP
Name: Brandon
outlaw7's Tacoma Gallery
i have a set i bought from slim it was and extra one he sold me for 75 to the door it has 2 h4 8k bulbs and two slim 35w ballasts. i bought it for spares but now i have my fx-r retro in the works i dont need it. ill send it to your door for 50$?
Old 04-26-2010, 08:44 PM   #4
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw7 View Post
i have a set i bought from slim it was and extra one he sold me for 75 to the door it has 2 h4 8k bulbs and two slim 35w ballasts. i bought it for spares but now i have my fx-r retro in the works i dont need it. ill send it to your door for 50$?
I'll keep you in mind but I think I can do it cheaper than that.

Can anyone tell me if this one will work? The connectors look the same and it says they will work, just looking for some confirmation.

http://www.autoxsport.com/hid-ballas...um_ballast.htm

$37 with free shipping - Outlaw if you are willing to match it I can paypal you the money.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:48 PM   #5
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Nick, what do your connections look like to the lights? I have a set I bought off of ebay but never used. I hooked them up so they both work, but dont know what your connections look like...
Old 04-26-2010, 08:49 PM   #6
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Nick, what do your connections look like to the lights? I have a set I bought off of ebay but never used. I hooked them up so they both work, but dont know what your connections look like...
Just like this...

Old 04-26-2010, 08:52 PM   #7
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Um... I may just have one. Let me see what I can find when I get home. Actually, I'll just call the house and see what the roomies can find.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:59 PM   #8
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Um... I may just have one. Let me see what I can find when I get home. Actually, I'll just call the house and see what the roomies can find.
Sounds good. I'd like to have a brand name if possible to do some research. It is ebay you know.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:33 PM   #9
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Most of the ballasts should have the same connectors... One end should resemble the H10 connection and the other ends are AMP connectors.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:43 AM   #10
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.autoxsport.com/hid-ballas...um_ballast.htm

Well I ordered ^^^ one. It's gonna work right?
Old 04-27-2010, 11:08 AM   #11
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Bump. Can someone just confirm that ^^this^^ ballast will work?
Old 04-27-2010, 12:02 PM   #12
Vivid Illumination

If your connections look the same, a ballast is just a ballast. The only other variable is the wattage. So if everything looks like it will match up you're good to go!