1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Blowing Fog Light Relays

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Vidman, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Apr 28, 2010 at 6:01 AM
    Vidman

Vidman [OP] Protected by Glock

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    central Mass
    Vehicle:
    black TRD sport AC
    Not Enough
    Need some help with this. I just installed mt Allpro front bumper and put my Piaa 510,s in. what i did was cut the plug end off the piaa wire harness and solderd them to the factory fog light harness. All good so far. I can run one light at a time,but when i plug both in and hit the switch...pow blown relay. I noticed that the factory fogs are 42 watt and my Piaa,s are 55 watt. Has anybody done this swap with fogs and got the same results or did they have to use the harness that came with the lights... checked for shorts 3 times and have none. Relays are about 18 bucks a pop...can someone send me in the right direction...Thanks :confused:

2. May 26, 2010 at 12:54 PM
    HIKR

HIKR Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tacoma, WA
    Vehicle:
    '09 4x4 dbl cab in pyrite mica
    6% Tint all around, Toyota all-weather floor mats, Toyota bed extender and skid plate, Python 991 remote-start alarm, oem cruise control and class III hitch were all installed within a couple months. I then installed Icon c/o's and Icon's 3-leaf aal with 17x9" GA9's and 285/70/17 Goodyear Duratrac's. The DRL mod was done, as was a custom rack setup similar to the org. cross bars. Blacked out headlights bought online, and a BOSS 1500 under-seat sub installed along with a Pioneer double-din DVD player
    From where!? my dealer quoted $80+ and they are $67 at autozone. I'm thinking of going to a junkyard. sorry, can't help with your prob, but at least it's a bump ;)

3. Nov 20, 2010 at 5:32 AM
    Ridingontrd

Ridingontrd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Laughlin,N.V
    Vehicle:
    trd sport 4x4 w/towpkg
    aFe prodry,Dynomax ultra flo ss,Scangauge2,Demello front bumper,BudBuilt skids,sliders(local)AllPro rear bumper,Wet O's cobalt blu,w/halfpiping,TRD logo in gold,R/L hood struts,5150's@10"aal 3 pack,T/C uca,Light racing c/o,1"diff.drop,de-badged,
    What was the fix on this?

Products Discussed in

To Top