LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Yellow Fog Lights - Legal in VT?

Old 04-28-2010, 11:46 AM   #1
Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AeroCooper's Tacoma Gallery
Yellow Fog Lights - Legal in VT?

I bought the Lamin-X yellow fog light covers, but one of them keeps coming off on the edge. So I found what looks like some pretty nice replacement lights that include everything to replace the stock ones with yellow. I was only planning to use the light housing/lens, because they said they will plug right into the factory wiring.
Ok, so since they are more expensive, but still 'cheap' at $120, I figured I better check with the local cops to see if they are even legal here in Vermont. I got tons of "I think so" and "I'm pretty sure they are ok" answers, but kept checking until I got a definite 'yes' from the VT DMV. So I ordered them, and no sooner than I paid, they called me back and said, oops, they are not ok in Vermont!
So, the question is, is there anyone here from VT that has yellow fog lights, and have you been hassled about them? I don't see what the big deal is, as long as they are not blue or something crazy like that.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:47 AM   #2
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Well... sorry to post first and not have a better answer than what you already said, but I've never heard of yellow lights being illegal anywhere. Ever.

Just Red and/or blue.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:01 PM   #3
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
It can't be legal if some vehicles come stock with them.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:08 PM   #4
Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AeroCooper's Tacoma Gallery
Today I received an email reply from a LT. at the VT State Police/Traffic Safety Division that I had sent yesterday. He said "Clear or amber fog lights are legal, any other color is illegal unless accompanied by a special permit."

Amber sounds close enough to yellow to me, so I put a copy of that email in my glove-box, and I'll happily show it to any cops that give me grief about it.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:32 AM   #5
red balls got me!
IamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Turd chaser!!
Name: adam
IamTacO's Tacoma Gallery
the color is amber i believe. the is300 comes stock with them too. i'm sure other cars do as well
Old 05-02-2010, 04:47 AM   #6
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroCooper View Post
Today I received an email reply from a LT. at the VT State Police/Traffic Safety Division that I had sent yesterday. He said "Clear or amber fog lights are legal, any other color is illegal unless accompanied by a special permit."

Amber sounds close enough to yellow to me, so I put a copy of that email in my glove-box, and I'll happily show it to any cops that give me grief about it.
Nice way to go!
Old 05-02-2010, 08:45 AM   #7
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
You won't get grief. Yellow = amber, as far as lights are concerned.