Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Piaa ?

Old 04-28-2010, 12:24 PM   #1
lilhank is a splendid one to beholdlilhank is a splendid one to beholdlilhank is a splendid one to beholdlilhank is a splendid one to beholdlilhank is a splendid one to beholdlilhank is a splendid one to beholdlilhank is a splendid one to behold
lilhank's Tacoma Gallery
Piaa ?

I am wanting to buy 3 PIAA's for my light bar and was wondering what model some of you have used,pro's/con's.What size?What PIAA set up do you have now?

Thank's
Jason
Old 04-28-2010, 12:26 PM   #2
Jimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud of

Name: Jim
Jimmyjohn's Tacoma Gallery
I've had a set of Piaa's on my escape for 5 years and they are Great
Old 04-28-2010, 12:41 PM   #3
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Why did you pick PIAA if you don't have a specific model or type of light in mind? Just wondering why PIAA... as I like off road lights...
Old 04-28-2010, 12:56 PM   #4
lilhank is a splendid one to beholdlilhank is a splendid one to beholdlilhank is a splendid one to beholdlilhank is a splendid one to beholdlilhank is a splendid one to beholdlilhank is a splendid one to beholdlilhank is a splendid one to behold
lilhank's Tacoma Gallery
Looked at some of the light reviews and PIAA seem to get some favorable rating's.Don't want anything to small,size wise.I looked at all the models but want to pick a nice pair of driving lights and fog.Maybe some might be better than the others as far as durability.
Thank's,
Jason
Old 04-28-2010, 01:21 PM   #5
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Okay, but might as well check other brands, too... My friend has PIAAs and loves his (but he IS a Chevy truck owner)...

Other popular lights include models by Hella, KC, Soltek (Baja Designs)... of course these are all built for off road racing, which means they are tough!

There is HID and now LED lights!
Old 04-29-2010, 03:05 PM   #6
Protected by Glock
Vidman will become famous soon enoughVidman will become famous soon enough
Name: Rick
Vidman's Tacoma Gallery
I,m running Piaa 580,s behind my grill and Piaa 510,s Plasma ion yellow in my Allpro bumper and love both of them. I also run a set of Hella 500 on my pro rack for back-up lights. the hella,s are good lights but the Piaa,s are made so much better, also the Hella wiring harness sucks compared to the Piaa,s harness...JMO
Attached Thumbnails
Piaa ?-308.jpg  
Old 04-30-2010, 01:00 AM   #7
kumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud of
kumaWRX's Tacoma Gallery
^ Looks awesome.

I just received my PIAA 520 ATP lights and I'm gonna mount mine similar to yours behind my Grillcraft. Very high quality lights and made in Japan to boot. Idk about the other brands but the PIAAs can be mounted upside-down, just gotta turn the lens, and the beam pattern is good to go.