Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Why don't my stock fog lights work?

Old 04-28-2010, 11:20 PM   #1
NAZ has a spectacular aura aboutNAZ has a spectacular aura aboutNAZ has a spectacular aura about

NAZ's Tacoma Gallery
Why don't my stock fog lights work?

My OEM fogs won't turn on and havent worked for about 8 months now. The only thing I can think of is that I hit a dear around then and had to replace the front bumper....maybe the body shop didnt connect them back up? Im fairly mechanically and electrically inclined I have just been lazy and wanted to get suggestions. What should I look for?
Old 04-28-2010, 11:31 PM   #2
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
get your ass under the damn truck
Old 04-29-2010, 12:11 AM   #3
Living the dream !!!
mountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mountainwolfpup's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Yahoo to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Skype™ to mountainwolfpup
I gotta agree with 1tufftrd. You lay down and slide your head under the front bumper. Look for loose wires with little plug-like connectors on the ends. Or, even simpler- see if there are wires with little plug-like connectors on the ends connected up to the rear of your lights.

Even better. Just take it back to the body shop and have them figure it out.

BTW, you do know that the driving lights won't come on unless you have your headlights on. Don't you?
Old 04-29-2010, 03:36 PM   #4
t_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to all
Name: Erik
t_e's Tacoma Gallery
check to see if they are connected first. fuse/relay second. get a test light and see if they get power, if yes test the bulb for continuity..
Old 04-29-2010, 03:41 PM   #5
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-29-2010, 06:05 PM   #7
NAZ has a spectacular aura aboutNAZ has a spectacular aura aboutNAZ has a spectacular aura about

NAZ's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys...and yes i know they can only be turned on when the driving lights are on... and if it was as simple as it not being connected at the light, would have plugged them in. Maybe i made it sound like I had done nothing, so sorry. I'll give a slap in the head to myself now..