Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Front light bars

Old 05-13-2008, 09:34 PM   #1
jbassett30 is on a distinguished road

jbassett30's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jbassett30
Front light bars

im looking to get a light bar for my 07 Tacoma i like the westin ultimate bull bar but saw this pick and wondering what y'all have done and any advice you can give me on geting somthin nice for my front end
Old 05-22-2008, 05:16 PM   #2
jtaco is on a distinguished road
jtaco's Tacoma Gallery
i am looking for some sort of set up like this also.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:45 PM   #3
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
I just went out and took a few pics of my truck. This a NFab light bar. I bought it from Duck Comander last week and sprayed with Duplicolor bedliner. Then mounted some Hella lights today.
Attached Thumbnails
Front light bars-dscn3292.jpg  
Old 05-22-2008, 07:27 PM   #4
jtaco's Tacoma Gallery
im lookin for a new bumper like the pic jbasset posted. i dont like the toyota bumper but that arb bumper is way to heavy.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:01 AM   #6
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
now thats a cool tacoma action shot!
Old 05-23-2008, 02:04 PM   #7
jtaco's Tacoma Gallery
i pmed him for weight
Old 05-23-2008, 02:27 PM   #8
REVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant future

REVHARD25's Tacoma Gallery
The pic of the blue truck looks like a tundra? is that a tacoma with a tundra front grill or am i missing somthing
Old 05-23-2008, 03:05 PM   #9
Work in Progress
Baja Taco is a splendid one to beholdBaja Taco is a splendid one to beholdBaja Taco is a splendid one to beholdBaja Taco is a splendid one to beholdBaja Taco is a splendid one to beholdBaja Taco is a splendid one to beholdBaja Taco is a splendid one to behold
Baja Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by REVHARD25 View Post
The pic of the blue truck looks like a tundra? is that a tacoma with a tundra front grill or am i missing somthing

Nah, thats a Tundra for sure, look the 5 lugs on the wheels and the size of the cab
Old 05-23-2008, 03:41 PM   #10
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...html#post88107
This is what I got, I dont know if thats what your lookin for .
Old 05-23-2008, 09:02 PM   #12
jtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver07taco View Post
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...html#post88107
This is what I got, I dont know if thats what your lookin for .
that is sweet looking man but terry from allpro says that the sheet metal bumper which is the one that has light tabs, which is the one u have, weighs 91 lbs and the tube they sell only weighs 81 lbs but has no light tabs. see im afraid the front of the tacoma already weighs too much . because in mud my front end sunk like crazy first and all i have is a bull bar on it rt now. i cannot find any pics of the allpro tube bumper on a truck 05 and up to see if it looks uneven or wierd or whatever. there has got to be a way to mount lights since their tube bumper does not come with light tabs but no one seems to know if they can be mounted to the front grill somehow or something like that. .
Old 05-24-2008, 07:02 AM   #13
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
I see what your sayin ive never had the problems like that but there is a way to mount the lights on the tube bumper i dont know how but hers someone the does know.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2634079
Old 05-24-2008, 07:04 AM   #14
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
If you get the tube bumper, have an off road shop weld some light tabs on for you. SHould only take a couple of zaps with a welder, AND they will be right were YOU want them.
Old 05-24-2008, 11:39 AM   #15
jbassett30 is on a distinguished road

jbassett30's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jbassett30
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhoppas View Post
Hey jbasset and jtaco, you need to talk xtreme450 into making you a bumper like his. Check out his thread. Pretty slick.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ts-please.html

ya iv seen it he dose amazing work love the look!!!!
Old 05-24-2008, 11:59 AM   #16
in2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 4/27th FA... MLRS.... Wertheim Germany
Name: James
in2nite's Tacoma Gallery
I saw this in the 4wd Toyota Owners mag.. Should be lighter due to not having all the plating.. check out www.badlandbumpers.com

Old 05-24-2008, 02:24 PM   #17
jtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver07taco View Post
I see what your sayin ive never had the problems like that but there is a way to mount the lights on the tube bumper i dont know how but hers someone the does know.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2634079
thats rt on silver taco, thanks a million.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:26 AM   #18
in2wks is on a distinguished road
in2wks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
I just went out and took a few pics of my truck. This a NFab light bar. I bought it from Duck Comander last week and sprayed with Duplicolor bedliner. Then mounted some Hella lights today.

why did you spray it?
Old 06-09-2008, 03:34 AM   #19
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by in2nite View Post
I saw this in the 4wd Toyota Owners mag.. Should be lighter due to not having all the plating.. check out www.badlandbumpers.com

i dunno if badlands is making bumpers for the 05+...but ive heard those bumpers are REALLY heavy and the fit aint always great...a lot of folks have needed to do a little fab work to make them fit right

good looking bumpers though for sure

arb's arent really all that heavy in the world of offroad bumpers...i think mine weighs in between 75 and 80lbs...my tubed rear bumper weighs almost the same amount and its MUCH smaller...i see what the OP is saying about weight and the front end dropping in mud...however you have to remember that your front end is carrying the majority of your truck...beds dont weigh anything...motors and drivetrains do...

i dont think its an isolated issue to your truck with the front end sinking...
Old 06-09-2008, 04:06 AM   #20
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
If I was getting a bumper, personally I would go with a Shrockworks.