Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Will a light bar from a '95 fit in an '07?

Old 05-20-2008, 07:36 PM   #1
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
The short answer: Kinda.

It needs some brackets made for it to sit correctly, but that's about it. I'm thinking of having it Rhino Lined/Line-Xed black since it is about 10 years old and the chrome isn't that great.

I'll get some daylight pictures tomorrow since I was just stoked to see that it fit.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:16 PM   #2
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
that looks great man.... just needs some paint, and new lights, black powder coat??
Old 05-20-2008, 11:11 PM   #3
The Jacobite
kylemob will become famous soon enoughkylemob will become famous soon enough

kylemob's Tacoma Gallery
You're a genius Equin (Can I call you Equin?). That looks great. I know what my next mod is going to be. How much cabbage did it cost ya for the bar? Rep to you.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:29 PM   #4
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Call me whatever. No matter what it is, I'm sure I've been called worse.

As far as cost, I found it on Craigslist for $200. (Thank you stimulus check!)
Old 05-21-2008, 12:53 AM   #5
Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
black powder coat??
Yeah, I'm more than likely going to have it Rhino Lined black.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:58 AM   #6
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
That'd look sweet.Any picks on what lights you're going with??
Old 05-21-2008, 01:02 AM   #7
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hey man, are you going to do welding and steel work?? if so, i have an idea, why not try to match the height of the back tubes to the top of the taco?? and maybe a lil bit shorter horizontally?
Old 05-21-2008, 01:02 AM   #8
Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post
That'd look sweet.Any picks on what lights you're going with??
For now I'm going with the ones that are installed. I'm going to take a look at them tomorrow (later today) and see if they need sealing or any other work. I may get some KC smiley face covers for them for two reasons: 1. That's my name. 2. They look ridiculous.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:05 AM   #9
Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
hey man, are you going to do welding and steel work?? if so, i have an idea, why not try to match the height of the back tubes to the top of the taco?? and maybe a lil bit shorter horizontally?
I'm not going to do any welding, but do you mean something like this:

http://www.gorhino.com/rhino-bedbars/rhino-bedbars.html

OR

http://www.gorhino.com/pre-runner-ra...nner-rack.html
Old 05-21-2008, 01:08 AM   #10
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Smiley face always looks good. Its about attitude.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:12 AM   #11

something like this
Attached Thumbnails
Will a light bar from a '95 fit in an '07?-s6300049_-_copy-copy.jpg  
Old 05-21-2008, 01:15 AM   #12
Bourbon

Ah! I see what you mean now! I think if I were to go that high, I would need to go further back (toward the tailgate) with the downtubes.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:16 AM   #13

yea well, its a lot of work.... not worth it i think, looks good as is.....
Old 05-21-2008, 01:21 AM   #14
Bourbon

True. Once I get it cleaned up, Rhino Lined, and mounted permanently, I think it'll look great. Thanks for the input though!