Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

FX-R stage 3 or 4?

Old 05-14-2010, 08:50 AM   #1
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
Cool FX-R stage 3 or 4?

So i am thinking about doing the retrofit bi-xenon projectors on my stock lights. I currently have some 2nd gen. ccfl projectors from Anzo and would like to get more light output and a better beam pattern. I am in the process of doing the bhlm and figured i might as well do this mod. while i have them apart. My question is what would be the best kit from TRS to go with? The fx-r stage 3 or 4? Gatling shrouds or something else? Any tips or opinions are appreciated. Thanks
Old 01-28-2011, 10:32 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I searched and this thread came up... I'm in the same position, after looking at the retrofit source's website, I can't see any advantage to the Stage 4 kit vs the Stage 3 other than a higher price tag. Am I missing something, is the stage 4 kit worth it?
Old 01-28-2011, 10:49 AM   #3
chacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Travis
chacotaco's Tacoma Gallery
A quick look makes it seem like only Ballasts, which are easy to swap later.
Check out my retro thread and the threads referenced in it.
GL!